Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190719_002627.jpg I hunted this beach in lake huron when I stumbled on a wallet in the sand......I saw some cash poking out of it so I put it in my pocket and moved down the beach. I figured if I hung around and hunted some more someone might show back up looking for it. Sure enough close to an hour later I saw this kid and his mom making straight for the spot I found it. I shouted " are you looking for a wallet" they both yelled back yes at the same time. I said "I got it" they were very relieved and very gracious. I never even opened it to look inside.but I knew it was his when he checked for his IDs. He was smiling from ear to ear as they walked off. I believe he narrowly escaped the wrath of his mother because of my return. I'd say he was 17-18 and worried about his driver's license and atm card more than the cash. Although I never did see how much cash was in there. In my younger years I would have stripped the cash and dropped the wallet where I found it in less than 5 seconds......this old pirate is getting soft these days. It did feel good to save the day for them. Just the day before I had a real heartbreaker of a pocket watch on this beach. 20190717_220244.jpg
20190717_220234.jpg
20190717_220204.jpg
Had me fooled for about 10 seconds before I realized it was a 10 dollar piece-o-crap from the gas station glass case. What a downer !! Like bill from lachine told me.....still much more thrilling than digging a crushed beer can !! Maybe some good karma can bring me some luck on my next stop in the great lakes. I have had a great time up here sailing in the chicago mac race. We took the line honors (first to finish) last week in my bosses new ketch "white hawk" she is the largest boat to ever compete in the mac at 105 foot and it has been a great honor to be part of a fantastic crew of 18 handling this beast in the worlds longest fresh water sailing race.333 miles and 260 + boats !! 20190714_211354.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Upvote 0

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow BB...what an adventure! Sailing, detecting, fishing, returning wallets.. man, you're gonna have to go back to work to get some rest lol...Great job on the return, I've had mine found and returned so I definitely know how it feels. Ddf.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Blak bart, great job on the return!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is.... this is my job......I'm getting paid to sail in these races as a pro crew member. So every time I have a little down time I go detecting. technically I'm even getting paid to detect. when the rest of the crew is drinking at the bar in there off time, or resting......im off to the nearest spot to hunt for a few hours. They all thought I was crazy when I threatened to where my head lamp and go out at night.wooo hooo I love my job !!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is.... this is my job......I'm getting paid to sail in these races as a pro crew member. So every time I have a little down time I go detecting. technically I'm even getting paid to detect. when the rest of the crew is drinking at the bar in there off time, or resting......im off to the nearest spot to hunt for a few hours. They all thought I was crazy when I threatened to where my head lamp and go out at night.wooo hooo I love my job !!

I want to work with you....resume' attached.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very honorable for a pirate!
I’m glad you are having so much fun and detecting while you work. I told Mr WD about your mayfly hatch. He laughed. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread