NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and went detecting a few times last week
places I went for fresh drops were hammered - in close was spotless every where I went
didn't help that all the swim buoys are way way in - life guards wont let you beyond the buoys
so area to hunt was very limited when they were on - really cut down on my hunting area
I was waist deep or less - this all because of great white sightings on the Cape - I did get out before
life guards showed up for a little while and got a few older finds - one spot the viz was awful and
I kept losing by bearings and that's is where I started finding some older keepers but had to bail
cause I kept tripping on large rocks on the bottom I could not see even with mask
Another spot I had to get out cause seals had come into the area and since I was wearing my black dive jacket
I probably looked like a meal too- They have been announcing shark sightings but one they have not was made
by a couple of friends of mine between Hyannis and Yarmouth - around a 16 footer - they were out fishing and saw it go by
so he was a little off course from where they usually are and so were the seals I encountered. Beaches I did go to - only a few
people in ankle - knee deep - so no one out where I usually hunt which is why I had to settle for left overs from years past
You'll notice ...other than some of the fishing tackle - not much new to be found - I got out - so was happy I was able to do that.
DSC00390.JPG got part of a bronze spike and bronze nail - either from boat or wharf
DSC00392.JPG junk finds - was not happy cause the 5 larger pieces were in close and were throw backs - someone dug them and tossed then back
nothing else was found in close but those 5 pieces of trash at that spot - so if you recognize them :nono:
DSC00398.JPG left one was lost probably the day before - a waitress I had - had same ring on ...other is older silver
DSC00393.JPG some older finds in here found near one of the old wharf areas I try to hit - some old lead boat/ship patches
some old fishing net weights, old hair barret, 2 old buttons, couple of bronze nails, Indian head penny, a merc and a sterling relig.med. - scrap lead to left
is what they would use to make weights and patches from...this wharf site goes back to the mid 1800s - I have found large cents and
other old coins as well as relics here
DSC00394.JPG lot of this was in one small area I wish I could have gridded - there was more in there I believe but viz was zero
and I kept getting turn around digging around the rocks and tide was coming in - hoping next time I get in there to have better waters
DSC00399.JPG
DSC00395.JPG got out past the buoys at another spot - once again - clean in close - water was rough but I got out away
from the shore and got bunch of fishing tackle - I hit old spoon way out and hit a huge coin spill way out where I hit about 70%
of the coins pictured - I kept getting quarter after quarter - was like an eight by 5 ft area way out past the buoys - all older
clad
DSC00397.JPG did get another broken bronze spike and a heavy tungsten

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Doctors? we don't need no stinkin'.....
Nice work, Casper and hope you get back out to that spot, grid it and SCORE!

I have an orange mercury dime that I found on the beach of Hyannis Port Marina with my old MS7 on vacation back in the 80's. Every time I see it in my pile I remember and wish that I could have got out in that water.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctors? we don't need no stinkin'.....
Nice work, Casper and hope you get back out to that spot, grid it and SCORE!

I have an orange mercury dime that I found on the beach of Hyannis Port Marina with my old MS7 on vacation back in the 80's. Every time I see it in my pile I remember and wish that I could have got out in that water.
Ive gotten old coins from the wharf days there and lots of old relics from 1800s and early 1900s
Ive also gotten lot of silver from 40s thru 60s out far too that don't have anything to do with fishing industry - think when wharfs were falling apart people
probably dove off them or there was a swim platform out that way - ive gotten a lot of silver halves out there - conditions have to perfect at this spot
its chin deep at low tide so any rough water and its a no go - reason why others have not hunted out there - and some spots the stuff is really deep
got to go for whispers but it can be fun
Harwichport-Wharves.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite a pile of finds! You do sound like near-shore shark bait, stumbling around in low vis water, cavorting with the seals. Glad you could get out.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a pile of finds! You do sound like near-shore shark bait, stumbling around in low vis water, cavorting with the seals. Glad you could get out.
...and my left dive boot was full of bloody water :tongue3:

I call it the curse of the "Bloody boot"
I have a toe that is bent in and no matter how low I cut the nail - it digs into the toe next to it really bad and my boots are narrow at the toe area
and stepping on my scoop causes it to cut in deep - I always forget to put a "buffer" inbetween them it has happened many times and a few other
hunters have been there when I take my boot off - not pretty when water comes out red

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been disobeying the doctor this week. After all surgery was FIVE weeks ago. I have read the entire dictionary - almost.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your getting out there casper.....doctors be damnd..... sometimes the best medicine is to go do what you love. Congrats on the finds......he's back folks !!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Sheesh sounds like your shark bait out there. You need to make a little bootie for your toe. Sharks can smell blood or bodily fluids through your suit. Wouldnโ€™t catch me in cloudy water with a bloody boot.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well! Bet the water level dropped after you removed all those finds!

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Awesome you got out for some physical therapy, bloody boot and all.
Looks like you had a great day especially considering you're not at 100%!
Lifeguard and sharks better look out when your swing that detector at 100% healthy! A day like that makes you want to get out there again I bet!

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you got out............

CASPER, glad to see you got out, bloody boot and all !!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chin deep water for you buddy is over my head... Good work as usual... Hope all is well and do as the Dr says... Stay in touch...

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chin deep water for you buddy is over my head... Good work as usual... Hope all is well and do as the Dr says... Stay in touch...
Good to see you back !
attachment.php

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the main reasons my docs did not want me in the water is I had gotten an ulcerated toe like in March
and it would heal then a week later open up again - heal ...then open again. Hole got pretty deep and we had
to worry i would lose toe or worse. About a month ago someone from Fla. posted they put bee honey on cuts
and it healed them fast - my docs had me using all kinds of expensive creams and jells and salves and they kept
the hole at bay but it was not getting any better - after like 3 days of putting honey on it - it got half better
and after like 3 weeks now - it is pretty much healed. Think if someone marketed it right ...they got a million $
seller here. If person that posted about the honey sees this - Big Thanks!
Im hoping to maybe get out on Mon. or Tues. - will keep you posted

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Better Now

OMG that picture is priceless buddy, I remember that day... We did well... shared a lot of great water hunts with you... My equipment has changed , strategy is better now a days....:hello2:

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the main reasons my docs did not want me in the water is I had gotten an ulcerated toe like in March
and it would heal then a week later open up again - heal ...then open again. Hole got pretty deep and we had
to worry i would lose toe or worse. About a month ago someone from Fla. posted they put bee honey on cuts
and it healed them fast - my docs had me using all kinds of expensive creams and jells and salves and they kept lling
the hole at bay but it was not getting any better - after like 3 days of putting honey on it - it got half better
and after like 3 weeks now - it is pretty much healed. Think if someone marketed it right ...they got a million $
seller here. If person that posted about the honey sees this - Big Thanks!
Im hoping to maybe get out on Mon. or Tues. - will keep you posted

They have honey patches, and cream. Also a film that is like a second skin you can put over wounds and it is water tight. The Tegaderm film will conform to just about any shape needed also. These are perfect when you have a sore or cut and entering unsafe water that may hold bacteria. I've used the film many times and taking it off you would think it would hurt but not at all. Like pulling sunburnt dead skin off..
obncr.jpg ..... obn21p.jpg ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread