Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use Beach 1 on dry and damp sand and Beach 2 on wet and surf. Why? I found the factory design works.
From the user manual: note the reduced transmit power of Beach 2
In the end, you’ll have to adjust to what best suits your specific conditions.

Just the view from my foxhole...

Beach 1 β€” Wet / Dry Sand
Beach 1 is most useful for detecting in wet/
dry beach sand and also in shallow water where conductive salt signals are prevalent. It has good sensitivity to coins and small/large jewellery. Beach 1 reduces the salt signal, while maintaining high transmit power, and still being sensitive to desirable targets. Beach 1 Multi-IQ processes a low frequency weighted multi-frequency signal, and uses special algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt.

Beach 2 β€” Underwater / Surf
Beach 2 gives the best results when either wading
or shallow diving, with the coil and/or detector fully submerged. In these instances, there is a very strong salt signal present, so Beach 2 has a lower transmit power, which results in much less noise. This profile may also be useful in dry conditions where there are extremely high ground noise levels. Beach 2 Multi- IQ processes a very low weighted multi-frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximise ground balancing for salt.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that Park 1 gives me the best depth in wet or dry sand when you can use it. Some areas, Park 1 is too unstable, then I use Beach 1. Beach 2 in the ocean. In the dry sand I like Field 2 or the Gold modes for small gold targets.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find that Park 1 gives me the best depth in wet or dry sand when you can use it. Some areas, Park 1 is too unstable, then I use Beach 1. Beach 2 in the ocean. In the dry sand I like Field 2 or the Gold modes for small gold targets.

cuda which coil you using....curios because I tried field and still to chattery for me personally. Just curios! Debating on 15"!?!?

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in beach 2 sence may 27, 2019 June's Gold.jpg sensitivity 16 , coil size stock

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuda which coil you using....curios because I tried field and still to chattery for me personally. Just curios! Debating on 15"!?!?

At the beach and any large field, I use the 15" coil. Usually, sensitivity is set around 20. Sometimes I can bump it up to 22. Beyond that, it's usually too noisy with false signals. In heavy iron mineralization, I sometimes have to lower it down all the way to 16 and swing a lot slower.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the sand is wet I’ll stick to beach 2!

OP
OP
C

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say, I find the sound of beach 2 irritating, but I’m going to try it again next time

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beach and any large field, I use the 15" coil. Usually, sensitivity is set around 20. Sometimes I can bump it up to 22. Beyond that, it's usually too noisy with false signals. In heavy iron mineralization, I sometimes have to lower it down all the way to 16 and swing a lot slower.

What kind of increase in depth have you noticed with the 15" coil at the beach vs the stock coil for the Nox?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An inch or two. The main reason I use the bigger coil is the added coverage. I'd swing a 36" coil if they made one, and it was still sensitive to small targets.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach 2 is for water hunting. Beach 1 one is for everything else at salt beaches. I run beach 1 in the water and just adjust sensitive to get rid of the chatter. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread