Equinox users question?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By ColonelDan
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 3 Post By ron lord
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 1 Post By CoinFetcher
  • 3 Post By cudamark

Thread: Equinox users question?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
    443 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Equinox users question?

When hunting wet and dry sand, do you prefer beach1 or beach2 mode? I prefer 2, but someone told me 1 is better

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    735 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I use Beach 1 on dry and damp sand and Beach 2 on wet and surf. Why? I found the factory design works.
    From the user manual: note the reduced transmit power of Beach 2
    In the end, you’ll have to adjust to what best suits your specific conditions.

Just the view from my foxhole...

Beach 1 — Wet / Dry Sand
    Beach 1 is most useful for detecting in wet/
    dry beach sand and also in shallow water where conductive salt signals are prevalent. It has good sensitivity to coins and small/large jewellery. Beach 1 reduces the salt signal, while maintaining high transmit power, and still being sensitive to desirable targets. Beach 1 Multi-IQ processes a low frequency weighted multi-frequency signal, and uses special algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt.

Beach 2 — Underwater / Surf
    Beach 2 gives the best results when either wading
    or shallow diving, with the coil and/or detector fully submerged. In these instances, there is a very strong salt signal present, so Beach 2 has a lower transmit power, which results in much less noise. This profile may also be useful in dry conditions where there are extremely high ground noise levels. Beach 2 Multi- IQ processes a very low weighted multi-frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximise ground balancing for salt.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Itís up to you to pick the best seat~

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7104 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I find that Park 1 gives me the best depth in wet or dry sand when you can use it. Some areas, Park 1 is too unstable, then I use Beach 1. Beach 2 in the ocean. In the dry sand I like Field 2 or the Gold modes for small gold targets.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Dec 2012
    NE FL
    F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
    155 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I find that Park 1 gives me the best depth in wet or dry sand when you can use it. Some areas, Park 1 is too unstable, then I use Beach 1. Beach 2 in the ocean. In the dry sand I like Field 2 or the Gold modes for small gold targets.
    cuda which coil you using....curios because I tried field and still to chattery for me personally. Just curios! Debating on 15"!?!?

us
    Retired

Apr 2007
    Zephyrhills Fl
    excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
    1541 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (6)
    in beach 2 sence may 27, 2019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June's Gold.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	1738535 sensitivity 16 , coil size stock
    Last edited by ron lord; Jul 31, 2019 at 05:44 PM.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7104 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlitebeer View Post
    cuda which coil you using....curios because I tried field and still to chattery for me personally. Just curios! Debating on 15"!?!?
    At the beach and any large field, I use the 15" coil. Usually, sensitivity is set around 20. Sometimes I can bump it up to 22. Beyond that, it's usually too noisy with false signals. In heavy iron mineralization, I sometimes have to lower it down all the way to 16 and swing a lot slower.
    claire likes this.

us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    Love to treasure hunt
    2211 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If the sand is wet I’ll stick to beach 2!
    claire likes this.

us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
    443 times
    I have to say, I find the sound of beach 2 irritating, but I’m going to try it again next time

us
    Jul 2014
    Wisconsin
    Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    At the beach and any large field, I use the 15" coil. Usually, sensitivity is set around 20. Sometimes I can bump it up to 22. Beyond that, it's usually too noisy with false signals. In heavy iron mineralization, I sometimes have to lower it down all the way to 16 and swing a lot slower.
    What kind of increase in depth have you noticed with the 15" coil at the beach vs the stock coil for the Nox?

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    7104 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    An inch or two. The main reason I use the bigger coil is the added coverage. I'd swing a 36" coil if they made one, and it was still sensitive to small targets.

Apr 2017
    2760 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Beach 2 is for water hunting. Beach 1 one is for everything else at salt beaches. I run beach 1 in the water and just adjust sensitive to get rid of the chatter. HH

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1324 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by claire View Post
    I have to say, I find the sound of beach 2 irritating, but I’m going to try it again next time
    You can always reprogram the pitch.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Sponsored Links