Nox 600

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I owned an Excal II for years, detected the Beaches from Fort Lauderdale to South Beach, flipping to the Gulf and detecting Beaches from Naples to Clearwater, all thru the 90s and 00's. We moved to Homestead FL and spent a year detecting Beach and Surf bout a 60 mile radius 2014-2015, got too HOT, had to get out of the oven so to speak! Moved back to the Midwest or NW Arkansas.

Looking to buy a Nox 600, looking for a new lighter detector! I've been detecting since 1972, it's been a GREAT run, but at 63 wanting to go to a lighter newer machine!

I understand Nox 600 submersible to 10 feet, but the headphones are not waterproof like what's on the Excal II, correct?

Plan is to travel to US Coast detecting Sand/surf. Primarily detecting up to chest deep water, NOT ever planning to go head under, however, I have been knocked off my feet by surf and landing on my backside getting a good wash, but at 63, I find myself to be less daring and more respectful of the Surf!

So chime in, comments are appreciated, is the Nox 600 a solid choice or is the a better solution for price point of bout 700?

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the equinox its good in salt water but it is tough on the wrist to push through the water. Its a great all around detector for the price. I have the 600. Don't forget to factor in the waterproof headphones.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple years ago Kellyco marketed waterproof headphones for the EQ.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 600 is a good choice. Just get the waterproof headphones. I got mine from Tony Eisenhower and am pleased with them.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I enjoy the equinox its good in salt water but it is tough on the wrist to push through the water. Its a great all around detector for the price. I have the 600. Don't forget to factor in the waterproof headphones.

I agree. I detect for 10 to 12 hours every other day from Jensen Beach to Miami. I have 2 Excals and the Equinox. I had a CTX for several years. The Equinox is great I love it but when it comes to water and pushing the Nox its hard on the hand and wrist. I'm 66 and there is nothing better in the water than the Excal with an Anderson or plugger graphite shaft. The Excal slices through the water like butter.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
The 600 is a good choice. Just get the waterproof headphones. I got mine from Tony Eisenhower and am pleased with them.

Tony makes great waterproof headphones.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard the Excal is tops in the water. Tommybuckets knows what he's doing. We dig together sometimes.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:

Yep, makes sense, being a lighter weight detector, it would have more buoyancy than an Excal but that's not a game changer for me

Probably won't pursue waterproof headphones, probability of having surf knock me over, well, those are days of ol!

Thanks for your input! 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread