Got out the other day
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree29Likes
  • 13 Post By CASPER-2
  • 2 Post By OBN
  • 3 Post By califteacher
  • 3 Post By RustyGold
  • 3 Post By Mudflap
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 4 Post By CASPER-2

Thread: Got out the other day

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14982 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Got out the other day

Went down to hunt some Ct. water - beach that was very good to me yrs ago.
    Was hoping for some fresh drops but this spot gets hammered by many locals- been times
    in the past that I got nothing fresh because locals got there day before me.
    I got there at sunrise low tide. As soon as I got in I could see recent digs and I thought I would not get much.
    I went out as far as I could and started getting quarters down about a foot deep...don't know if
    they were from this year or last. I got a faint reading near one of the other guys holes and thought I
    had my first gold but turned out to be well made bling. I then got a ring I thought was junk and
    it turned out to be 925. I don't have pics cause my fave camera's battery finally stopped charging -
    have to try and get a new battery for it - have been using it for most of my pics for the last
    15 yrs. I had a back up - it has a micro chip - took some pics but when I put it into my multi
    chip reader - it fell in some how and I now have a rattle. I got way more coins than I thought I would
    get - lot of quarters out far and deep. I got a susan B. $ which was a surprise. Got a lot of
    junk earrings that others discriminated - plated steel ones. Before the tide came in I headed to
    an area that Ive gotten deep deep oldies at that others seem to fly over...mostly newbies that are just
    going for fresh drops and crank their discrim. so they don't get the depth needed to get down to get
    the old stuff . This area is in waist deep water so its not out of their reach water wise
    . I slow down to a crawl in this small area and go for whispers in all metal mode - its tuff cause its rocky
    once you get past a foot of sand - that and there are some deep large iron pieces down like 3+ feet you have to work
    around. I did and got rewarded with some silver coins and a couple of buffalos - 1918 & 1924 in pretty
    good shape for salt water - silvers were a worn std Lib. quarter - 1942 sil.Wash. - 1936 Merc & a 1952 Roos.
    so day was not a total loss and was happy just to get out.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5404 times
    2019.....Gold rings..100..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 239
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sounds like a great time Mr Casper. And silver is always welcome!
    A2coins and CASPER-2 like this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Brian

Sep 2012
    Murrieta, CA
    Minelab CTX3030 and Minelab Excalibur
    179 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Interesting post--thank you for the detailed description. I helps to be in someone else's shoes and see what they do in a given situation. The fact that you slowed down and used a careful search method is a good lesson for us all. You found some nice, old coins that must have been sitting there for over half a century, just waiting for you.
    CASPER-2, RustyGold and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    7268 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good job Casper!
    OBN, CASPER-2 and A2coins like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    724 times
    Saw a guy with his, probably, grandson down Guilford way the other day. They had on of the elcheapo kids detector. They were having a blast as the Lil guy was finding pennies and dimes all over the place. Gramps didn't seem to be the detecting type and wanted to leave but the youngster wouldn't have none of it. Got a kick watching them.

Glad your getting the deep water ones..... I'd prob drown myself, so leave some goodies for me in the knee deep trough he he
    CASPER-2, A2coins and RustyGold like this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    14982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by califteacher View Post
    Interesting post--thank you for the detailed description. I helps to be in someone else's shoes and see what they do in a given situation. The fact that you slowed down and used a careful search method is a good lesson for us all. You found some nice, old coins that must have been sitting there for over half a century, just waiting for you.
    there are times and places that you may have to cover ground quickly and get what you can - then there are times you should slow down and get all that you can - I went with intent on getting fresh drops - hoping for fresh gold - so went for old gold ...not to be but got old silver
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    14982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    here are pics - not a big deal but I got out
    brown object upper left - is old door knob - prob 100 yrs +
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00232.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	1748357 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00233.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	1748358

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    29686 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Good post Casper always fun to get out

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Sponsored Links