Looking for help from Treasure Coast hunters - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Looking for help from Treasure Coast hunters

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    913 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Looks like boating then?
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ó Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    YEARS AGO a detectorists was hunting in Carib. was killed by a palm tree in the water that wave picked up and threw at him like a torpedo
    another was killed when hit with a long 2 by 4 - so yes becareful or debris in the water
    biggmike likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    801 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I was at the Treasure Coast yesterday. All along A1A many, if not most of the small access points were locked and some actually had police cars blocking entry. Surfers were parking along the road side and making their way to the beach through heavy thicket!

We were able to get to Bonsteel and it was a bust. Mushy sand throughout. The expected erosion was just not there. Numerous detectors were there however. Comparing results, only one that I met found anything of note. A small silver Reale about thumbnail size and paper thin.

Obviously, I couldn’t see the entire Treasure Coast but Dorian did us no great favors where we were and we covered a pretty extensive distance. Other areas may have been better suited for hunting but again, the areas we saw were covered with soft mushy sand and no notable targets other than a few modern coins.

The most important favor Dorian did for us Florida coast dwellers however was staying so far off our coast and sparing us the damage it could have done. Having gone through my share of hurricanes, I am eternally grateful for such favors! Thank God!
    Last edited by ColonelDan; Sep 05, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Itís up to you to pick the best seat~

us
    Sep 2019
    Davie, Fl
    Minelab Excalibur II 1000
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    I wouldn't worry about high tide/low tide areas. If you can reach the area without getting your neck wet no one will bother you
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Years ago I was detecting up there around Turtle Beach. Was wading in knee deep water. There was a boat over 150 yards out. Next thing I know i got this dingy coming up on me with a couple guys in it. They were pleasant and asked if I had an luck (which I didn't). They then informed me I could not detect in the water.

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcalSam View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Years ago I was detecting up there around Turtle Beach. Was wading in knee deep water. There was a boat over 150 yards out. Next thing I know i got this dingy coming up on me with a couple guys in it. They were pleasant and asked if I had an luck (which I didn't). They then informed me I could not detect in the water.
    That's very unusual. I've hunted Fl beaches since 1983 and lived on Vero beach for a year. The only time anyone said anything was once when I was next to the dune a county guy came over and said to stay off the dunes. I already knew that but he was nice about it.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

us
    Sep 2019
    Davie, Fl
    Minelab Excalibur II 1000
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelDan View Post
    Below is a short summary of the major restrictions for our Treasure Coast:

A Very Brief Florida State Law Overview:

[I]You are allowed to hunt the beaches from the foot of the Dune to the low tide line and that includes the beaches adjacent to the 1715 Fleet of Spanish shipwrecks.

does that mean if it is high tide, I can detect in the water to the low tide line

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links