TDI BeachHunter vs Surfmaster Dual Field - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: TDI BeachHunter vs Surfmaster Dual Field

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ua
    Stavr

Nov 2008
    Odessa
    Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Of all the gold rings found in wet sand or water at the beach, how many were deeper than 12"? For myself, the vast majority of gold has been between 5" to 10" deep. My deepest was in the dry sand at about 16" deep. Most found with an 8" coil on a Tesoro Sand Shark.
    when you find a honey hole and you need to clean this place as deep as possible (while it is no covered with a layer of sand) every centimeter / inch of depth is important !!!
    custom PI or Eric Foster in turbo mode lays the battery in a hour and you dig holes in 15-16 "but during this time the device can pay for itself ..., you just probably haven’t encountered such cases ..., they are not everyone year ... but it depends on the luck, experience, frequency of your hunts ...
    Terry Soloman, compass and OBN like this.

au
    Mar 2010
    Perth
    Current detectors; Minelab Excalibur II White’s TDI Beach Hunter White’s MX7 White’s XL PRO
    80 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    TDI is a POS. Dual Field is same-same as the Shark. Step away from the PI and get the Minelab Equinox. You do NOT need more depth!
    The total inaccuracy of the above statement by Terry Soloman is astounding......moderators should remove the above post for the benefit of newcomers and to maintain the integrity of this great forum. I have been using the TDIBH for just over one year and it is the deepest seeking detector currently available for beach and water work. If you want real advice then just PM me. I use both pulse and VLF detectors (over 20 years) and both complement one another depending on junk in the water and black sands.
    Tony

PS.......I do agree with his views on pulse delays though......which makes his comment about the TDIBH perplexing.
    Last edited by hookahforgold; Oct 09, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
    stavr likes this.

ua
    Stavr

Nov 2008
    Odessa
    Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hookahforgold View Post
    I have been using the TDIBH for just over one year and it is the deepest seeking detector currently available for beach and water work. ..
    except for devices from Eric Foster although TDI & TDIBH was made using Eric ...
    hookahforgold likes this.

au
    Mar 2010
    Perth
    Current detectors; Minelab Excalibur II White’s TDI Beach Hunter White’s MX7 White’s XL PRO
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stavr View Post
    except for devices from Eric Foster although TDI & TDIBH was made using Eric ...
    TDIBH about a 1” deeper than Deepstar.....Made detailed records when a Deepstar was available to me many years ago.
    TDIBH 2” to 3” deeper than Goldquest SS, Aquasearch. By deeper, I mean on typical ring or coin sized targets. My standard target over all these years is my 18K wedding ring. TDIBH also deeper than any Mineab SD/GP range of machines as these have been powered down for any beach work. TDIBH running a 14.8v battery pack for these results.
    Tony
    Jim in MA and stavr like this.

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1128 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Picking those tiny HIGH conductor on a beach proves very little if you are looking for gold in black sand. Even a chatty cheap single freq may get a piece of gold occasionally... but they arent the better choice, i think thats the point here. The uS rating a lots going to depend on the size of gold you are looking for...... if you are just ring hunting go for a higher uS...or setting. I have the Nox..... because it does well on various sizes of gold with the down side being those high conductors and tiny bits of foil. BUT .... im not into digging fish hooks at 15"....so i make that trade off and let you young guys dig the big ole holes while i cover more beach. I keep being told that 7uS just isnt going to work in the salt water.... but im not certain they said it would...... thus the pulse delay. NOW.... if it has to be increased to say 10 uS....which machine will win the depth match? Im thinking the one with the most power to the coil.....as far as the DF it lacks both power to the coil and sensitivity in this match.
    stavr likes this.

ua
    Stavr

Nov 2008
    Odessa
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hookahforgold View Post
    TDIBH about a 1Ē deeper than Deepstar.....Made detailed records when a Deepstar was available to me many years ago.
    TDIBH 2Ē to 3Ē deeper than Goldquest SS, Aquasearch. By deeper, I mean on typical ring or coin sized targets. My standard target over all these years is my 18K wedding ring. TDIBH also deeper than any Mineab SD/GP range of machines as these have been powered down for any beach work. TDIBH running a 14.8v battery pack for these results.
    Tony
    ... I meant AquaStar

us
    Ms

Nov 2019
    Ft. Laud., FL
    CURRENT: GARRETT SEA HUNTER II. PREVIOUS: WHITES V3i; MINELAB EXPLORER II, MINELAB SD2100; JW FISHERS 8X; MINELAB EXCALIBUR 1000
    4 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Great Beach Detector - Garrett Seahunter II with an elliptical 10 x 14" coil

I have a Garrett Seahunter II with an elliptical 10 x 14" coil and I have had excellent success with this setup. I can routinely pull coins and small jewelry at depth - over 12" down in wet, beach sand. Pin pointing is now quite precise for me. While I know this is only a single- Channel plus induction unit, it does a pretty good job and I expect similar performance when I take it in the water. $450 preowned in like new condition. Mind you, I like the ATX but it's 4x the price of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by compass View Post
    If "POS" means "pulse on steroids", I agree! I used the Dual Field for several years with great success in the wet sand, black sand and surf. I'm still learning the TDI but it seems to be more sensitive to smaller and deeper gold and performs better in the black sand (with proper settings). I have often referred to my TDI as the Dual Field on steroids.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil
    1748 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsonChris View Post
    The Nox canít hunt black sand. Iíve got a lot of beach I canít cover with the Nox due to overload. Even turning down sensitivity to the single digits.
    I hunt black sand all day long and have no issues with my Equinox 800 running at 21-23 sensitivity on west coast Florida beaches. The black sand is often in layers and goes down more than a foot.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1128 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    I believe Terry early on didnt necessarily mean you dont need more depth. Depth is no good if you are digging trash...... and if you get into virgin targets.... there can be a lot. What you need is good disc for that depth. Maybe the AQ will give us that.... maybe not. Right now the Nox is taking beach hunting by storm because it can hit a gold 3 gram ring in very wet water at 12" and give a fairly good TID that its not iron. Ive got an MDT that gets a couple more inches..... but its all about having a good idea of what you are digging or you dont cover much beach and end up doing a LOT of "COMMUNITY SERVICE" as i call it. One reason why most dont use a PI..... they are time consuming vs the pay out. So most people loose patience when at the end of the day their buddy covered the whole beach and ended up with recent drops they never got to. Another thing to consider is ..... is your beach sanded in? If you have 3' of sand depth aint going to help you.... so dont waste your money or time on a machine just to dig SOMETHING.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links