Best two weeks in a few years, 9 rings+

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on a hot streak the past two weeks.
We went to Los Angeles for a few days. Those beaches are huge, beautiful and full of people (lots of tourists too!) Found no shortage of targets there including some gold and silver pieces. The local beaches in the northern end of the state have been giving up the goods too.

The count: 9 rings total, a nice rose gold woman's band with diamonds and a white gold 14k men's band, a gold earring and a fat pendant. Six silver rings, a silver chain and pendant, silver earring with a large diamond-like stone in it (??), a tungsten junker and to top it off, a Buffalo nickel!!
Nice to be back on a hot streak after being cooooold for a long time.
glhh

Sept2019.jpg

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done... BUT ! :)

Which detector ?

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congratulations on some awesome hunting and great finds. I'm really interested in knowing a little more about that "fat pendant". It looks awesome and from the photograph it looks like either really high gold content or shiny brass that can be a let down. I'm hoping for high gold content. Can you tell us more about it?

OP
OP
S

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congratulations on some awesome hunting and great finds. I'm really interested in knowing a little more about that "fat pendant". It looks awesome and from the photograph it looks like either really high gold content or shiny brass that can be a let down. I'm hoping for high gold content. Can you tell us more about it?

The pendant has Chinese character(s) on it which mean "wealth, prosperity" according to a friend of mine. I tested it with my GemOro gold tester and I had mixed results. One was 18k others were negative for gold. Under a loop it certainly looks like gold and the weight also makes it feel like gold too. It does not have any markings which is typical for Chinese jewelry, based upon my experience. I'm split on whether it is gold or not... But my belief is that until it's proven to be gold, it's junk. So I'm unfortunately leaning towards junk at this point. Some day I'll have a jeweler look at it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that update. It sure looks like gold in the photo. Hopefully it is real gold. Happy hunting!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul..Raiders or Niners?

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome grabs! Love that gold!

OP
OP
S

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul..Raiders or Niners?

I'm not very into football, but I was more a supporter of the Raiders. But not now since they are headed to Vegas. The 49ers sold their soul with their move out of SF and I have no interest in them. The Oakland A's are red hot heading into the MLB playoffs however. That's my game.

Tonights beach hunt was a bit of a bust. The beach was still packed for mid September but the towel line must have been hit hard last night. Clad and a few pieces of what looked like bling or maybe cheap 925, nothing exciting. I'm looking forward to big winter storms now and some BIG CUTS!!!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch