Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a great day hunting the beach with my wife today. I set her up with the Deus and her own scoop. She did fantastic and we both had an awesome time.
We met a lovely lady, JoAnna, who was swinging the Equinox. She mentioned she was quite surprised to see another lady out metal detecting.
I was very proud of her for the trash she dug and the Batman toy she found.
She said she was stoked with the whole experience and so was I.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Takes away needing to have an excuse to hit the beach when she comes with you.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool! Now, I would have started her on Scoop Duty first :laughing7: but that's just cause I'm old!:skullflag:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post wait till she finds her first gold or diamond ring then she's hooked lol

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post wait till she finds her first gold or diamond ring then she's hooked lol

It won’t take her long. You should see how well she does at Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. How does she know that stuff??

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. My wife been detecting with me for the past 10 years and is my best partner. She was hooked after her 1st ring.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I'm staying at Daytona beach for the weekend and today the wife went down to the beach with me to hunt (she's my digger) as usual we found junk and one pair of Ray Ban sunglasses but they were scratched up. She still can't understand why I hunt..... I need to find a BIG diamond to change her mind!

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool, I'm staying at Daytona beach for the weekend and today the wife went down to the beach with me to hunt (she's my digger) as usual we found junk and one pair of Ray Ban sunglasses but they were scratched up. She still can't understand why I hunt..... I need to find a BIG diamond to change her mind!
A diamond would do it. That or a big piece of Gold! Good luck at Daytona.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think thats cool. I'm still trying to convince mind to go. She says the sqeeking noise drives her crazy. I offered ear muffs. No luck.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never go detecting without my better half... going on 14 years she has been a dirty girl. :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won’t take her long. You should see how well she does at Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. How does she know that stuff??
You should see Me the wife and the kids doing Jeopordy there getting all of em and Im waiting for an easy one boy talk about being in the dumb box I gotta record an episode and act like Ive never seen it lol theyll still beat me.....

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think thats cool. I'm still trying to convince mind to go. She says the sqeeking noise drives her crazy. I offered ear muffs. No luck.
You could show her this thread and say “See! Other guy’s wives are doing it. They’re digging the holes too! :laughing7:

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I never go detecting without my better half... going on 14 years she has been a dirty girl. :)

That’s awesome AARC! It’s surprising to see how many wives get in on the action. Very cool!

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You should see Me the wife and the kids doing Jeopordy there getting all of em and Im waiting for an easy one boy talk about being in the dumb box I gotta record an episode and act like Ive never seen it lol theyll still beat me.....
That’s too funny Tommy! I’ve actually watched a bit of it while she fixing dinner so I can get out of the dumb box.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A diamond would do it. That or a big piece of Gold! Good luck at Daytona.

Well, we went out again today and saw a gal swinging a Nox with a long handle scoop. She was up the beach and down the beach. At one point we met and I asked her if she had any luck. she smiled and said only this.... A silver cob! I almost couldn't speak. She said she lives there and hunts everyday when the low tide is in the late afternoon. She said she has found a few silver cobs and some old Spanish coins. I started thinking did one of the 1715 ships make it this far North? We were about 3 miles South of Daytona beach main.
We did find a small silver ring with a dolphin with blue stones for eyes that she will give to the granddaughter so she was thrilled. I've noticed the beaches are bare compared to a few years ago. Not any pop tops or foil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread