NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But,,, was not allowed to photograph any of it
took a little trip to do some cold water hunting - winds are way too high - white caps everywhere I
checked and tide never really went out. Sooo...plans A B C D...were all out the window. Came across a teeny tiny beach on a side street - most would never even give it a second glance and heard locals don't even go there to hunt. Reason why it drew me was down the street there were tons of houses on the water north and south from here with plaques from 1700s and 1800s - so figured heck maybe I could get some old relics.
I got in and got some old clad and bunch of sinkers - I got a few large blasts and passed them up - eventually I ID'ed a
large target and it read as a great tone and thought I might have a brash relic...Not. Stuck my scoop in and as I pried it up - was shocked at what I saw on top of my scoop...a large capacity magazine for an automatic or semi auto rifle. I tried to get attention of my GF and was waving it back and forth - she was
talking with friend and was paying me no mind. Clip was empty and I just dropped it in my pouch. Walked 3 feet and got another blast and it sounded identical to the last - scooped again and once again had a clip sticking out of my scoop. Once again - empty.
Already Im wondering - might I have to report to police? I pressed on and next started finding loaded ammo - what looked like .223. Now Im definitely saying I have to contact police. Then I found some pistol ammo so yelled to my GF to try and notify
an old friend I knew lived down the street and ask them if they knew a local cop cause it was not something to call 911
for. She did and they came to the spot while I continued hunting. I found more ammo and another clip and also found an
expensive cell phone amongst the gun items. Police came down and I unloaded my haul. They were surprised. I told them there was more out there - many of the bullets were falling thru my scoop and I had to drop down to retrieve them which slowed me down. They put gloves on (I already had gloves on) and started to pack items up - I asked could I get some pics to show what I'd found and they said no. Walked me up to my vehicle and then took all my info down. Told them I'd be in town another day if they needed more info or wanted me to help search for more - guns might be in there out deeper (I have tanks with me). They asked if I was planning to go back tomorrow and told them - did not plan on it. They have my detecting card if they need me.

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ISIS sunbathing beach !!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting finds is right.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job Casper. It’s good that you contacted the police. It’s interesting to see how you think out of the box on where to detect. Glad your getting out to detect.

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a similar experience detecting a local park, found some shell casings. It turns out the was a shooting a while back that was still unsolved.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Police asked me if I would go back out but officer could not get permission today to head out with me - I went out for a little while and got another handful of ammo
he called my gf to see if I had anything - she told him I had some and he stopped by to pick up - this time I got pic before they showed
single is 9mm - others 223 - same stuff AR-15 shoots

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbnail_Part0.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope all came out Ok! Some crazy finds for sure, and they did have the right man for the job..been nice if they offered to cover your stay.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope all came out Ok! Some crazy finds for sure, and they did have the right man for the job..been nice if they offered to cover your stay.
would have been nice if they could've called hotel (was just down the street)
and asked if we could just keep room for rest of day - I had to change out of wet clothes
in a port a potty and then shiver part of the way home (waters are getting cold up here)
couldn't crank the heat - my GF wasn't cold

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree they could have help you out a lot more since you were helping them out, I would have put you up and let you finish locating the rest of the evidence Some departments are very cheap!

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like finding live bullets.
Hit the primer just right with your scoop and POW.
The chances of that happening is slim but, I still don't like the odds.
After the second bullet, I would have called the cops and let them worry over them.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that sounds like an emotional roller coaster of a hunt.
You hear some great tones, hoping for some booty and get bullets,
Not clad, but clips. Crazy stuff.
Very curious if your finds will help the police crack a case?

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don’t worry too much about live rounds but on my beaches we still find military Ordinance from WWII training and demolition exercises. The largest was a live 500 pound bomb. Just this year a training mine washed up. Even after repeated magnetometer sweeps by DOD. E have two places that have large deep metallic targets with numbers all over the place. Fools the new guys who dig huge holes. One is an old flat head engine block from a small boat. The other is still unknown. Great post OP! Glad you could help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread