Sun hat
Cooler with sandwiches, drinks and victory beer if gold is found

You don't drink much do ya......

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the summer months it pays to carry a pair of xray vision glasses like the ones you could buy on the last page of the comic books...<grin>

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man ...... whats with all you guys taking a picnic lol. I hit it about 7 hours and dont even take water. I take ONE detector and scoop which i test before leaving, a hat, a pouch, and hard bottom shoes.

Weed...... did Terry say WEED? I always thought you were off your meds sometimes Terry lol..........

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof backpack with food; water; weed; telephone; toilet paper..:skullflag:

Well you definitely hit the essentials ...All jokes aside...I know if I smoke beforehand or eat edibles during...it helps me slow my swing and I ALWAYS find something on my hunted out spots

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm not a beach hunter (yet) but as far as classifiers go... I always assumed the the scoop itself was the classifier. Is it just quicker and easier to dump your scoop at surface level? I made and used a floating classifier hunting a freshwater lake with a rocky bottom but wonder what's the benefit in sand?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a beach hunter (yet) but as far as classifiers go... I always assumed the the scoop itself was the classifier. Is it just quicker and easier to dump your scoop at surface level? I made and used a floating classifier hunting a freshwater lake with a rocky bottom but wonder what's the benefit in sand?

Depends on the sand. VERY dry sand, a sifting scoop is great and fast. If the sand is even the slightest bit damp, it clumps. Much fast to dig and dump until the target is out of the hole, then find it in the pile.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks. I can understand that. Mainly curious as to benefits of using a floating classifier in the water with beach sand.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I can understand that. Mainly curious as to benefits of using a floating classifier in the water with beach sand.

Ah, I missed your intent then. Several situations make floating sifters valuable tools. Large amounts or rocks, broken coral or clay-mud. You cant sift those through a scoop and you can have a ring sitting at the bottom of a scoop filled with debris. Dump it in a floating screen and it easier to sort, and you can let the heavy clay-mud dissolve on it own (or just push it through if youre in a hurry )

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have my Kellyco scoop, a mesh finds bag, and a beerwench to hold my beer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread