Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking for some sort of case that will hold up in the water for hours and protect a phone, car keys etc. I have seen others with the plastic case just for a phone and found that eventually they will leak. I use an apple iwatch when I am out but for some reason depending on the location the battery runs down fast where as where I live on the Treasurecoast it will last several days. I know it has to do with the signal being sent to the iwatch that is drawing the battery down at certain locations. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has found a good product that will work while in the water up to your neck? I would like to carry my phone along and maybe some other items. Thanks and HH.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two one-gallon zip-lock bags. Stuff in the first one, then place in second one for insurance. Cheap, easy, and I've never had a problem!:occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think over time all of those cases leak, I even had a water proof bag which did not last long at all.

I lost so many phones over the years now I just leave it in the car. The Keys I had a non chipped key made and that goes in my gold compartment of my pouch. The watch I use is a cheap water proof wrapped to the end of my xcalibur. It's a year old and no issues ....

gpro (2).jpg

Good Luck!

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I ordered a 2nd key from Amazon and had it cut w/o chip at a dealership. I had 1 for each of my vehicles and 1st dealer did it for free the 2nd charged $10. I keep that in a Hitchsafe. It will unlock the door but will not start the vehicle. I then hide the starter key inside the vehicle. No advise on cell phones.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry's got this one.
Ziploc freezer baggies. I actually use 3 or 4 of the quart size.
I don't take a phone or watch in the water, just keys & smokes.
I take the little fobs off the keyring & leave them in the car.
A tekker friend has trashed, I can't tell you, HOW many phones
trying to take them in the water.... :BangHead:

We do the same thing on the boat, with keys & the husbands wallet & phone.
At least, if the boat goes down, the keys & such, will pop to the surface.
They'll freeze spiny lobster in water, I trust 'emโ€ฆ.

ZIPLOC ;D :notworthy: :laughing7:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also dont want the dang phone calls when im out there lol. However...... many times i say .... dang i wished i had my cell phone to take a picture of THAT lol. I have a Valle key as well...... keys stay inside the car. I used to put them in my gas cap area until one day they slipped thru the cap hole........ and my car is totally sealed underneath...... ugh. Baggies would be what id try....... other wise you best insure your phone.

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
JoTo on Amazon smart phone and my truck key License ect , goes around your neck, happy hunting Earl

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key fob and Wallet stay in truck Hidden and I leave my cell phone either at home or in the truck and I use an iPhone 3 watch with cell service for hunting in the water

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in the water Y not tow it behind you in a flotation thingy-ma -gingy

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if im on vacay and have to rent a car - I will use one of these for the keys shopping.jpg

but when I have my GFs car up here - I will put keys in small ziplock and then roll up and seal
in larger ziplock and then another to be safe then tuck in mine dive jacket - the outer bag leaked a little once

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
if im on vacay and have to rent a car - I will use one of these for the keys View attachment 1776998

but when I have my GFs car up here - I will put keys in small ziplock and then roll up and seal
in larger ziplock and then another to be safe then tuck in mine dive jacket - the outer bag leaked a little once

The reason I posted this question is because when I rent cars on overseas trips the key fob sometimes gets wet. I have used the one like Casper posted and rolled the fob in a baggy before placing it in the case. It has leaked on occasion. I only have keyless entry on my vehicle and leave my keys in the car. I am looking for something to protect my phone while underwater for hours at a time. The best case I have found so far for keys etc is the pelican 1010 case. Problem is that itโ€™s two small for an iPhone.

IMG_0233.jpg

mikey15658

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2012
honolulu hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites dual field, vx3 , xlt , fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pelican makes a case that is bigger than the 1010 and a lot more sturdy, i believe its the model 1200, built just like there bigger cases. I have been using mine for more than 2 years whithout any leaks or problems. I use it 2 to 3 times a week all year around. I am also always in the ocean in waist to chest deep water. there is a sturdy handle that can be looped through your finds pouch, I prefer using a fishing vest and placing the case in the big section on the back of the vest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread