Going Deep, From shore. Nemo

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a new portable single electric dive system that weighs 10 pounds. Depending on your breathing rate you can stay down in ten feet maximum for a hour plus. The complete system comes with two batteries, It's nice when you want to get out a little further. Nemo by the blu3 group is very reasonable priced. The system also fits in a mesh back pack that comes with it. The size is 11"X 7.5"X 8" small and compact. The Nemo IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0709.JPG ]1777222[/ATTACH]unit beats trying to put a bigger unit in your car or full size dive tanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    760.7 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lake or ocean?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake or ocean?

Has been around for a while. They are just now making batteries that can handle a small air pump for about 60 minutes. Fresh or salt water Terry. You can rig up a hookah pretty cheap with an air compressor.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IS THAT THE ONE FROM DOWN UNDER?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
There is another one like it, I think it’s the one Casper is talking about the “Air Buddy”. This one allows you to go down to 45’. Both are really cool. I tried looking to see prices but It looks like neither is available to purchase yet.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would love to hear from people who have used this.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like the concept, but an hour MDing w the air buddy would last about 10 minutes, perceptually. [ Times really flies while MDing.] Prices range from about $800 - 1150, depending on extras like another battery and delivery starts in Jan 2020. Very interesting...

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I purchased a Blu3. A kikckstarter project that started a year ago. Just received the product last month. I paid 500.00 a a early bird investor, not sure what they are selling for now. I received two batteries with it that are claimed to last 30-40 minutes. I set one up on a solar charger and it charged in 60 minutes. My plan is to use it to do sailboat maintenance (hull cleaning) and sniping for gold in rivers. The depth is only ten feet. But much lighter than a gas powered set up, or 12v battery, those have been around for a while. I plan on hiking into some remoter areas with it at low water in the fall. It's too bad I did not get a chance to use it yet. The smaller battery lasts longer due to the compressor only turning on when you require air (breath in). The regulator has a sensor in it to tell the compressor to turn on.

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Blu3. A kikckstarter project that started a year ago. Just received the product last month. I paid 500.00 a a early bird investor, not sure what they are selling for now. I received two batteries with it that are claimed to last 30-40 minutes. I set one up on a solar charger and it charged in 60 minutes. My plan is to use it to do sailboat maintenance (hull cleaning) and sniping for gold in rivers. The depth is only ten feet. But much lighter than a gas powered set up, or 12v battery, those have been around for a while. I plan on hiking into some remoter areas with it at low water in the fall. It's too bad I did not get a chance to use it yet. The smaller battery lasts longer due to the compressor only turning on when you require air (breath in). The regulator has a sensor in it to tell the compressor to turn on.

Have you had a chance to use the Blu3 yet, Actionman?

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not had a chance to use it yet, hopefully soon! I brought it with me on my last sail on Memorial day weekend, but did not use it.

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had a chance to use it yet, hopefully soon! I brought it with me on my last sail on Memorial day weekend, but did not use it.

I bought the Blu3 Nemo yesterday and it's due to arrive on Friday. I plan to use it off the beaches in various countries around the world, since I live outside the U.S. I think this will be a fun and practical tool in order to get the gold that most detectorists can't get to (in 5-10 feet of water).

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be the bummer... but to sorta drop some reality here... and beings I have 45 years + of underwater experience... The latter of those being a compressor diver.

When I hear talk about depths of anything over 10 foot on a battery powered system etc... I want to throw a bone out here...

And... I don't care if anyone thinks this bone tastes good or not.

I fell like if I don't say something... someone reading this now OR later may get in deeper than they realize and could cost them way more than the price of a comp.

Realize...

Water is alive... and it will take you the first chance it gets if you let it.... or get slack... for sometimes things are out of your control and "$%^# happens".

In other words... Be prepared... Safety and an understanding of what can and probably will at some point happen...

A little per planning and some basic's can save your life... IN 10 foot of water ... let alone anything deeper.

Don't under estimate the power of water... The minute you do... you will find it almost always wins if you are not ready at a moments notice.

So... with all this...

Be safe and prepared.

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Realize...

Water is alive... and it will take you the first chance it gets if you let it.... or get slack... for sometimes things are out of your control and "$%^# happens".

In other words... Be prepared... Safety and an understanding of what can and probably will at some point happen...

A little per planning and some basic's can save your life... IN 10 foot of water ... let alone anything deeper.

Don't under estimate the power of water... The minute you do... you will find it almost always wins if you are not ready at a moments notice.

So... with all this...

Be safe and prepared.

Wise words, AARC and important to always keep in mind! My SCUBA instructor said something similar to me years ago.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree AARC. I am a certified diver and I recommend anyone using this to be certified. Learning how to control your situation and not panic are paramount to safety. Even 10 feet of water can kill. Blue3 provides a online course, but nothing beets a instructor face to face.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick to where I can stand up n breathe lol. I definitely see some great applications for this though. Looks freaking awesome, congrats! Its a select few who work even chest deep water. Let us know how it goes n stay well. I think most gold is lost where people swim and few swim where they can't touch the bottom. People that do swim there its by accident (which could be good) or they do it all the time and left their gold jewelry at home. Like you I always thought if I could get out deeper I could get more. The past few finds I realized I should spend more time hunting the " easy spots" . Often the nice diamond ring isn't lost in rough waist or shoulder deep water its lost in the shallows where mom was spontaneously playing in the sand with her 2 yr old or even the towel line when she thought to take the ring off and put it in an unreliable pocket or shoe. True, the big men's rings and chains are lost in the waist deep when throwing the football or tackling each other and the detector can find them a bit deeper since they have more mass but swinging the coil is tough in even modest surf not to mention trying to dig the target when getting knocked about. My two cents. If i was an expert you'd see me posting gold more often lol.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I hookah or Snuba -I own a Spare Air tank and wear on my chest right under my chin - smart extra item to think about purchasing
or a pony bottle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread