Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm Back in Okinawa.... and got a Trifecta!!

After a 6+ year hiatus from Okinawa, I'm back to being a military contractor on the Kadena air base. There's a plethora of exciting places to metal detect around this small Pacific island, and my goal is to tackle some of the more adventurous angles.

It's been fun these last few years just lurking in the shadows and reading others posts. Since I was in Texas and nowhere near an ocean.... I missed all the beach hunting I once did when I was here. But to be sure, I'm back in the game.

I've been here for a few months, and had to break myself back into the art of beach hunting. New gear, Old haunts, and my old hunting buddy who works with me set out on a few adventure trips since I got back. Luck wasn't on my side for a while, and I had to accept being second fiddle while my buddy scored a few nice pieces. I was happy though.... I like to see some nice shiny things come out of the ground even if it's not me finding them. But I think I hit my stride.

Went to a spot and hunted hard for 2 days. The first day yielded about 47 grams of various silver, and $20 worth of coin. My buddy scored a nice ring and about $20 in Japanese Yen.

Day 2 was better for me (not that 47g of silver is something to laugh at), but I wanted some nice bling :laughing7:. Working hard for over 2 hours in a small patch, I found a nice Pt900 ring that almost reached "honker" status (10g). But before the hunt was finished, out popped a SOLID 18k ring that tipped the scales at over 18g!!! And it sparkled to boot!!!! Combined with the few silver rings I found, I hit the RING TRIFECTA!!!

I did put the platinum ring on my polishing wheel to shine it up, but I'm gonna keep the big ring in "as found" condition. I have no doubt that it would be mirror smooth by the time I got done with it, but I like the look of this one as it sits.

And not to leave out the silver on day 2, I did find another 20g or so to add to the pickle jar.

Happy Hunting everyone!!!!!:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1081.JPG
    IMG_1081.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome back to Tnet. :icon_thumright:

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice! You must be psyched to be back. Look forward to seeing more of your posts

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Nice finds! Good luck! I was stationed at Torre station in the 70s I know Kadena air base well. Happy Holidays

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to TreasureNet, I remember all your posts from your first time there. I was stationed on Kadena in 1968-1970, have always wanted to visit it again although it is totally changed.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the event that you haven’t kept up on the rules changes,
All gold, platinum and silver finds are to be sent to me for verification

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like heavy high K gold. Sooooo after 6 years and watching the forums and all the NEW machines.......what ya swinging?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pretty cool skeletons hand in silver ? Congrats on the precious metals....and welcome back.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nothing like heavy high K gold. Sooooo after 6 years and watching the forums and all the NEW machines.......what ya swinging?

Still swinging an Excal... Been a proven machine over here. In the beginning I tried the Infinium LS, AT Pro, and even tried a Sea Hunter (short lived). There's just wayyyy too much war debris. The Excal has been an excellent beach machine.

I've pondered the 3030, but my hunting partner had one and got it water logged somehow. It's not so much getting a machine repaired that's the issue. It's the wait time trying to ship it from an APO and then getting it back. If I were Stateside, it would be less of an issue. But I do have my doubts about getting a digital display wet. Something about it doesn't seem right.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks like a pretty cool skeletons hand in silver ? Congrats on the precious metals....and welcome back.

I didn't realize that it was a skeleton hand until I got it home. Funny thing is that I found the pendant and necklace about 15' apart. Considering the size of the pieces, I'm assuming they go together. Also found 2 rings that were shaped like bones. I guess the guy just lost all of his skeleton jewelry that day. :laughing7::laughing7:

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, keep sending post. would like photos of how your hunting area looks, rough beaches, calm water? deep targets shallow? just curious. Thanks Happy Hunting and Stay Safe!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done and welcome back! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread