Are there any Texas Gulf beach hunters here?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved back to Texas a couple of months ago and am about 4 hours from Corpus Christi and Galveston. I need some info on where it's legal to hunt and what to expect. Never hunted near the water except around a couple of lakes, any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt South Padre Island its my understanding all beaches are open to public and able to detect. some are not if federal land like national seashore north of us from Port Mansfield cut to corpus Christi.
I think close to your area there is some federal park areas. you might be able with permit or permission but check first. You can travel on national seashore with detector as long as its disassembled and packed away.
Don't hold me to this information as it may be incorrect. be safer than sorry and ask others that may have stayed in the parks. Sorry couldn't be more precise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread