New Equinox 600 leaked

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a chance to hunt Saturday before cold front arrived, I took the Equinox 600 my wife purchased for me at Christmas and checked the charge. It was dead..on my first outing with it the backscreen showed signs of water inside but it looked operational. I charged unit and it began to work. I then pushed the off button but it would not power off. It locked up and would not work at all. I unplugged the battery let it reset and tried again. same as before, tried to do a factory reset would only lock up.

I contacted Minelab and I was very impressed they got back to me very quickly with return authorization, but on the authorization it indicates two different places to send defective unit. I sent another email awaiting for correct location to send.

I used my Excalibur II and was surprised to find a nice women's Gold Ring with Diamonds, tested they are real 14kt stamped on ring.
I will post photos later.

Now im gun shy afraid to use Equinox in water..might just keep using the Excalibur true and tested and dependable...and finds gold.. Happy Hunting to all Have a great week.

Upvote 0

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about a dozen guys that had leaking probs
one had to send 5 times

He has more patience than I have.

On the second one,..... I would ask that the next one be tested before it ships.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
5 times?? Now that would frustrate me to no end! Think I might wait a little longer till more is known that Minelab has completely resolved the issue

After the 4th repair I think Minelab should have just given him an Excal for all the inconvenience and his patience lol.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should have given him his money back...something.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I been using my nox 800 now for 2 years. I did have battery failure and they replaced it. I use it up to my neck in water. It has a warranty. Get out and hunt, Don’t worry about the floods. HH

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hear ya brother. I feel the same way about my CTX 3030. After being water logged and fixed, quickly, by Minelab twice in the past 9 months, I'm seriously wondering if I should keep the CTX as my land machine (what a pity). But the warranty runs out next month (3 yr) and the water intrusion damage was extensive. However, my back up water detector is an Equinox 800. Had it in the water several times. So far so good.

OP
OP
S
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to ship back nox 600 on the 22nd my birthday they recieved 24th at 10am, clock now couting down to see how quickly turnaround service is. Will keep you posted on update.

OP
OP
S
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New update!
Minelab Service Center sent me a Email. They stated no water was found anywhere in the detector unit, They did stated unit would not power up...even after replacing with new battery. So they replaced with new unit after testing it..has newest update installed. It's being shipped and on its way now. I am very happy with the service they have provided with this problem. Will have to decide if I want to dip the new unit and find out if it will water hunt before warranty runs out or use as above water unit..have to think this one out for a while..possibly Excalibur II for below water or even CZ20 if Excalibur needs a rest lol. Then talk my wife into detecting using the Nox on wet sand hummmm more competition decisions, decisions. We shall see.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the NOX series is not perfect , like a Glock Pistol lol.

Good info to know if I ever want a NOX . I kinda do.

If you find out why it leaked please let us know & GD down /over there in TX .

Thats why I have 5 Sigs, they are perfect:laughing7:

OP
OP
S
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USPS Tracking indicates my replaced Equinox 600 has arrived at my Post Office will be out for delivery today, was suppose to be delivered yesterday but got stuck in Dallas/Fortworth for some reason.
Will see how it works.
I was off yesterday took the wife to beach and only found clad and Mexican money...Mexican money giving me same tone as iron in all metal. Had fun before the cooler air came in. Happy hunting to all.

OP
OP
S
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200130-195811_Gallery.jpg finally got away from wife to photograph my last find out with Excalibur

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions