Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Things have been going rather slow of late here in Florida; cold temps and high winds have kept people from going to the beach and the high waves have keep me from water work. Been working the dry and wet sand and today found the smallest silver (925) chain ever found, by me, with a metal detector.

I found the chain in a bed of rocks and it was tied in a small knot. In fact, I didn’t know what it was until I got home and washed the chain and cleaned the crud off it. It took me about 15 minutes to unravel the chain with the help of a pair of tooth picks and a magnifier glass. With the help of a magnifying glass saw the 925 on a very small tag on the chain.

925 tag 2020.jpg

The chain is 19” long and broken in the middle (probably how it was lost). Given the odd length, a section of the chain might be missing. The chain weighs 0.88g and is made of double links that measure 1/16” long by 1/32” wide.

Sml Silver chain 2020.jpg

Chain measurement 2020.jpg

I found the silver chain with my Equinox 800 and 15” coil. If I remember correctly, it registered a “6” on the screen. Given the size of the individual links of the chain, I probably detected the 925 tag or possibly clasp. It also probably helped that the chain was tied in a tight ball.

It is common knowledge that chains and bracelets are difficult to detect with a metal detector and the (lack of) pics of MD finds bare this out — it is unusual to see a pic of a chain or bracelet and those that are found are unusually large (Yea, I’m talking about you Ron, the Ring King and you, too, OBN — those who find the BIG ones). At the other extreme, to find such a small chain is really an unusual find and it was the highlight of my 4 hr hunt, today. Like I said, things are going slow. But, hey, another record!
Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice and unusual. I love finding chains but I hate scooping them up a dozen times from them slipping through the scoop holes...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, the Nox will sure pick up some tiny stuff! Mine is a .925 bracelet at .6 grams

Attachments

• 6gbracelet.jpg
    6gbracelet.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 63

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on the Small chain, Amazing,... The Nox's hunters up here are scooping those babies like there is no tomorrow. Excalibur has to be at the bottom of the list on those, I've not found a small chain in several years. But still very happy with my four xcals.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember you are still talking high conductor. I find fly specks of copper ect.... but I’m certainly not taking anything away from tha very nice find

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember you are still talking high conductor. I find fly specks of copper ect.... but I’m certainly not taking anything away from tha very nice find

I was thinking the same thing,...... being silver really helped it to shout out,.....

A thin Gold chain,..... that's tough,..... a whisper compared to a shout.

I hope you get your coil over many of each.

HH

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14:Congratulations! Nice Find!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one like that a few years ago with my AT Pro in freshwater...can't remember what it weighed...I'll have to find it and weigh it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread