Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only got a couple hours to hunt. 3Rd time I'm asked " What are you hunting for"? I tell them Treasure, blank look. I try ,coins
Ok they get that. Here comes the every day question. "What's the best thing you ever found"?
My latest answer to that has been " Billy Joe McAlister's belt buckle" Least it gets a laugh , and they move on.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There’s two groups I try to avoid while I’m MDing. Those that don’t say Hi and those that do. (Joking)
Actually it doesn’t bother me at all.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ware a striped beanie hat with a spinning propeller on top and just my speedos......no one ever asks me anything !!

That's just plain wrong!!! Now I have an image burned on the back of my eyeballs and I'm scared for life! Here comes another $25,000 in therapy!

Note to self: Avoid vacationing in Florida.

Thanks a lot there BB! :)
-DH-

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaa haa ha !! Just kidding guys.....that is a horrible image !! Imagine the type of people that would talk to you dressed like that ?? Scary thought !!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My routine answer when asked what I'm looking for is; "Whatever I find is exactly what I was looking for!" Funny how that elicits a nervous chuckle as they briskly walk away from this old nut case. :laughing7:

I was once asked if that "thing" finds sea shells.

Last edited:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
I once had a litle boy run to his mother to get coins to throw in front of me. I found a quarter, show the little guy and told him to take it from the scoop... I then said take it back to mom and tell her to give you her jewelry. Boy did I get a lot from her she told the kid to leave me alone!

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
When asked if I found anything I always say " Just a few pennies, but it is good excercise". That is usually a true answer. When I first started in this hobby I lost ten pounds in the first month of active detecting!

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I can deal with kids " hay mister watcha doing?". But when some teenager asks me what that machine is and i say a metal detector then asks what does it do ? I gotta contain my self.

Tell the teenagers - "It works! ...you should try to copy it"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread