Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a party with 10 people last night that lasted past 12am. But couldn’t wait to wake up early and hit the beach with my Equinox 800 first thing in the morning. I’ve been on a short dry spell and it comes as no surprise after having one heck of an early January (still haven’t posted many of those finds). It’s called “regression towards the mean” when you have a good spell (you just know it won’t last) and sure enough you end up having a stretch of lower than normal finds. But my dry spell came to an end this morning and it was somewhat of a surprise.

I’ve been hitting a popular beach hard after finding lots of good targets early on. But things had gotten very slow; no gold and few silver pieces in the past 30 hrs of hunting. I tried digging all the pull/push tabs; no luck. Tried a different detector (CTX 3030), still no luck. So today decided to hit a small local beach, just to get out and swing (and let the wife clean up after the party the night before).

I started on dry sand in the middle of the beach and worked my way outward; doing a spiral grid (something I made-up, but works on the right beaches). I was hitting coins at a regular basis and could tell the beach hadn’t been hunted in a while. A few electric cigarettes finds later, I decided to hit the low tide and this is when things started to get interesting.

The first ring I hit was a silver (925, 2.44g) band with a foreign phrase; will have to look up the meaning. I think it was a 16-17 on the Nox 800, but can’t remember for sure. [Please note; I have been getting very different numbers on the beach vs air testing targets and this might be due to the environment I typically work including salt water and black sands.]

Silver band w foreign phrase 2020.jpg

No more than a few feet later, I hit this 10K yellow gold ring with 9 channel diamonds (1.25g). It was about 4” down and was a solid 12-13 on the Nox 800.

Yellow gold w 9 channel diamonds 2020.jpg

Yellow gold ring 10k 2020.jpg

After finishing my wet sand and shallow water hunting, I searched the periphery of the dry sand and came across this, I assume, stainless steel band (unmarked) with “K B *”.

KB SS Band 2020.jpg

After having spent several weeks working a popular beach without a single ring of any type, it was a real surprise to find 3 rings (gold, silver, SS) at a small local beach in a 5 hr hunt. Best of all; my wife only likes white gold or platinum jewelry, so I get to keep this yellow gold ring for my treasure chest. Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I got a spiderman just like that , that I found at the beach

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "KB" band should be tested... could be something better than stainless.

Nice hits.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! A three ring day is always a winner in my book, but why is wifey left to clean up the party mess? �� Isn’t it suppose to be work before play? Just saying ��

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day spiderman wants to keep that ring lol

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a nice way to spend the day. Congrats on a great hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread