2019 Totals...A Very Good Year...And January has Rocked!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
2019 was interesting Year 125 Gold Rings with 11 misc pieces of gold. 21.20 ounces, my best year on weight. With one beach giving up 38 Gold rings in one month, 15 hunts total. Each hunt averaged about 4 hours, which is about my limit on hunt time.

21  2019.jpg

2020 has started off good. With 15 Gold rings for the month, one hunt I having my best on Gold ring count ever in a day.
8 gold rings in 5 hours, think I could have found more...conditions were perfect.

21c.jpg

Not a lot of targets but the right targets...

21d.jpg

15 for January, February weather conditions are not cooperating. Yet.......Going to be a interesting year, New detector coming hopefully by Summer. Very rare for me to use anything besides the Excalibur but this one, The Fisher Impulse "AQ" Should give the Excalibur a run for the money.

20200129_003845.jpg

Upvote 0

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Congratulations on another huge pile of gold Joe!...You consistently find in excess of a hundred gold year after year...WOW!. Soon you will need a bigger scale
Most will not find a hundred gold rings in their lifetime.
There will be a lot of hunters around those crab pot floats now:laughing7:
Wish you another bumper year and hope the AQ produces ...if not you can always go back to the trusted Excals.

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Joe!
Just shows good research and right conditions with the right detector in the right hands will all come out right...….Wow if the Fisher performs as well as hyped, you may have to go back over all the same places these came from and hit the next layer of gold. The fun never ends...I love this Hobby.

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Hero - I'm going to print a poster-sized picture of the bowl of rings and hang it on my wall with my metal detectors for inspiration...if the wife lets me
:notworthy:

Wife: ???:icon_scratch:
"You must feel impotent compared to that guy!
Why don't you find Me rings like THAT?
May be you could take lessons from him?
..."

Thanks, OBN, I think...

"May be you don't have the right detector?
Should you read more books on metal detecting?
What about a bigger scoop?
Should you get hearing aides?..."

I gonna use it as wallpaper....lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest: