2019 Totals...A Very Good Year...And January has Rocked!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
2019 was interesting Year 125 Gold Rings with 11 misc pieces of gold. 21.20 ounces, my best year on weight. With one beach giving up 38 Gold rings in one month, 15 hunts total. Each hunt averaged about 4 hours, which is about my limit on hunt time.

21  2019.jpg

2020 has started off good. With 15 Gold rings for the month, one hunt I having my best on Gold ring count ever in a day.
8 gold rings in 5 hours, think I could have found more...conditions were perfect.

21c.jpg

Not a lot of targets but the right targets...

21d.jpg

15 for January, February weather conditions are not cooperating. Yet.......Going to be a interesting year, New detector coming hopefully by Summer. Very rare for me to use anything besides the Excalibur but this one, The Fisher Impulse "AQ" Should give the Excalibur a run for the money.

20200129_003845.jpg

Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Joe that is truly amazing. I have never read or watched videos where a total count for the year was like that. Congrats to you.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
2019 was interesting Year 125 Gold Rings with 11 misc pieces of gold. 21.20 ounces, my best year on weight. With one beach giving up 38 Gold rings in one month, 15 hunts total. Each hunt averaged about 4 hours, which is about my limit on hunt time.

View attachment 1798699

2020 has started off good. With 15 Gold rings for the month, one hunt I having my best on Gold ring count ever in a day.
8 gold rings in 5 hours, think I could have found more...conditions were perfect.

View attachment 1798700

Not a lot of targets but the right targets...

View attachment 1798701

15 for January, February weather conditions are not cooperating. Yet.......Going to be a interesting year, New detector coming hopefully by Summer. Very rare for me to use anything besides the Excalibur but this one, The Fisher Impulse "AQ" Should give the Excalibur a run for the money.

View attachment 1798704

I definitely need a new detector to punch deeper or something different I need to do. 🤔🧐

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irish...

What detector do you currently use ?

And your locations / spots you are primarily detecting ?

Are you a water hunter ?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Irish...

Are you a water hunter ?

Using the AT Pro. While it’s found me my fair share of gold, I know it’s time to upgrade. I primarily hunt the beaches, wet sand and in the water up to chest deep.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Irish...

Are you a water hunter ?

I hunt along the troughs, any cuts that have formed, low spots, between sandbar breaks and the shoreline.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over $31,000 melt there Joe...... about $2200 a hunt. Hard to tell what those old rings would sell for individually. They are just cool finds......and thats what the past 5 years or so over 100 gold? Id dare say your Xcals and that new AQ is paid for. YOu know ill be watching your success with the AQ...... Fisher wont need marketing when they have you showing an increase in finds..........you go buddy.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing. Congrats.
Location, retirement, location, good machine, location....results!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you are crushing it!! You are using the AT Pro in Salt Water? Conventional wisdom on this site is that it's very difficult. I have tried my AT PRO in the salt water with no joy, what are you doing with your settings??

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Man you are crushing it!! You are using the AT Pro in Salt Water? Conventional wisdom on this site is that it's very difficult. I have tried my AT PRO in the salt water with no joy, what are you doing with your settings??

Four Excaliburs, that have been modified with several upgrades. Something I do also that really helps..I mark my Hot areas with Floating Markers...I get back to that beach I head straight for the Marker. And these are very common here in the Bay for they are crab pot markers. Just in case my competition is reading..:laughing7:

OBN-0004 (3).jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's amazing I'm lucky for 1 or 2 hold rings a year. I want to hunt with you lol. Keep up the great finds I know it takes alot of work you earned everyone of those. Tommy

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My Hero - I'm going to print a poster-sized picture of the bowl of rings and hang it on my wall with my metal detectors for inspiration...if the wife lets me
:notworthy:

Wife: ???:icon_scratch:
"You must feel impotent compared to that guy!
Why don't you find Me rings like THAT?
May be you could take lessons from him?
..."

Thanks, OBN, I think...

"May be you don't have the right detector?
Should you read more books on metal detecting?
What about a bigger scoop?
Should you get hearing aides?..."

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four Excaliburs, that have been modified with several upgrades. Something I do also that really helps..I mark my Hot areas with Floating Markers...I get back to that beach I head straight for the Marker. And these are very common here in the Bay for they are crab pot markers. Just in case my competition is reading..:laughing7:

View attachment 1798802

Sheesh your beach has a real smog problem... OR was that the black fog coming ?

:P

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I think your doing very good, you got 15 gold and 21 silver. Women can be tough!!

Sheesh your beach has a real smog problem... OR was that the black fog coming ?

:P
That is call Photoshop Area 51..like these popups..to hide the location. I put a lot of time into my research and found best not to tell anyone. I now only hunt alone for I like the freedom of controlling my day.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe, you set the bar for us. Congratulations on such an awesome success! Best of luck!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Joe, where do you get your plastic grate from for your sifter? I’m making one and was gonna use wire mesh like Chicago Ron uses but I like the plastic idea better for scanning.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe, where do you get your plastic grate from for your sifter? I’m making one and was gonna use wire mesh like Chicago Ron uses but I like the plastic idea better for scanning.
McMaster Carr you can purchase the Mesh..

SNAG-0030 (2).jpg OBN0011 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread