Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting the bahamas for relics and hit some fused conglomerate from an old house that burnt and fell into the sea....I've found some good stuff over the years here from time to time but I've always been looking for the rumored silverware here !! Well I've finally started to find some after a couple years of poking around. Today I got a heavy ladle handle in silver along with a large conglomerate that has a silver spoon bowl and a mystery piece of inscribed silver !! The pictured pieces are only a few of what I found but have definitely got silver locked inside 20200223_134635.jpg
20200223_134626.jpg
You can see a large silverware handle in the first pic and the large silver conglomerate next to it. 20200223_134722.jpg in this chunk you can see the decorative silver spoon bowl exposed in this clump. 20200223_134703.jpg
Heres the inscribed piece that came out of this silver clump 20200223_134656.jpg
20200223_221623.jpg
I cant make out what it once said but it does have a patent also at the top of the tag.
20200223_155240.jpg
This was a deep hit that turned out to be a Revlon compac from the 50s. 20200223_155228.jpg
In this video I had just dug it and had not reached the HEAVY LAYER yet !!
20200223_124022.jpg heres my co worker digging with me on her day off...she did good with the carrot pin pointer and actually dug a nice bottle while digging in the iron layer today !! 20200223_124016.jpg 20200223_124137.jpg
Here's some of the iron trash we cleared away to get to the heavy (silver)layer today !! Check out the video.....the nox is a beast at looking through the iron !! There's more there.....I wanted to dig more but to be honest I cut my finger on glass while digging and had to stop !! Happy hunting everyone and good luck.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...what a fun thread this was....glad you enjoyed it TRG ! I use that bookmark for exactly what it is...a bookmark !! One of the more oddball finds for me. This thread makes me remember my good t-net friend Simon1....not sure what ever happened to Simon but its been about a year without him now....hope he's ok !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve you would make a great military analyst....you have what I call "the gift" which is the ability to read something, analyze the information, and prioritize which of the facts should be most important to remember or make note of. Since my first day on the ground there the one thing that I would ask myself nearly every day was.....where are the original spanish wells ?? These would be the earliest places of European contact. It would make sense to find that spot and detect it if possible. Biggest lesson I've learned about spanish treasure is this: ... where ever the Spaniards went you can almost always find some coins....silver and gold !! Those sights are always what im searching for, inevitably other treasures are unearthed in the quest for the old spanish sites !! So you always seem to pick up on the most important posts in my threads !! That discovery of where the original spanish wells were is the most important and exciting discovery for me yet. Hopefully God will grace me with a return trip, and the time to explore more in the future !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...what a fun thread this was....glad you enjoyed it TRG ! I use that bookmark for exactly what it is...a bookmark !! One of the more oddball finds for me. This thread makes me remember my good t-net friend Simon1....not sure what ever happened to Simon but its been about a year without him now....hope he's ok !!

This thread popped up on my Tapatalk. My initial thought was, ? Ooooh, what did Bart find this time?? I started at the beginning. Put a smile on my face reminiscing . ( Note to self: I need to bribe ARC with more rum so I can look smart again. Argh!)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread popped up on my Tapatalk. My initial thought was, ? Ooooh, what did Bart find this time?? I started at the beginning. Put a smile on my face reminiscing . ( Note to self: I need to bribe ARC with more rum so I can look smart again. Argh!)

Heck you and Simon did all the id work !! Cheers WD , I had a smile reminiscing also !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread