Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of our most successful wade / dive hunters through research and getting around by vessel have really racked up some impressive numbers. Not to mention all the fun.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
I have thought of it but I know you can get in deep trouble getting to close to a swimming area in a boat.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to give it a try this summer. There's a spot nearby where a skirmish may have happened over a creek. Trying to figure out if it would be best to paddle upstream or downstream to get there.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a couple of spots to go by boat, just go where people drink alot of beer and party the sand bar

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
i would be lost with out my water vehicles... Most of what I find is using my ski or the boat..

Last edited:

Dancer

Dec 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have thought of it but I know you can get in deep trouble getting to close to a swimming area in a boat.

Like park hunting, got to be stealthfull. Hunt early or late when no one's around. Start hearing car doors slamming , time to drag up.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of boat hunting in the keys and bahamas.....the majority of islands you can't drive to. Some of the most popular beaches can only be reached by boat. It is not uncommon to see 200 boats parked at the multiple offshore sand bars that are popular for drinking, swimming, and picnicking. Some of these spots are well known....others are more hidden and secluded. The thing to know is there are many of these spots throughout florida....they can be very productive with not nearly as much hunting competition......after all you have to have a boat to even get there.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's peanut island.....great place to party on sat-sun. Great place to boat hunt on monday !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres my home sand bar....many a great hunt here on mondays !! Many great parties on sat-sundays !!

We love our sandbar so much that my brother in law started a brewery to celebrate the unique lifestyle.....every Sunday for many years we as locals would gather and socialize here (drink) !! The whole thing got started with our first beer "sand bar sunday" Screenshot_20200322-104703_Google.jpg
Now we have a full line of beers and a distillery with rum,vodka,and gin !!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are actually quite a few spots where the gold piles up every weekend. Great spots that are only hunted by boat, wave runner, or kyak. Theres just no other way to get there. I love the boat only spots ! Wooo hooo !!

OP
OP
D

Delduck

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2020
Delaware
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Delaware River was once known for its passage too and from Philadelphia so I was going to try on the river banks. I’ve been searching old photos of the river. Pennsylvania has changed a lot over the years but Delaware and New Jersey seam the same. Ironically I was told about this forum threw a boating and fishing forum.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are definitely a few here who know that terrain.....I'm way down this way...hopefully some of them will chime in....lord knows they do incredible up there !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandbar life !! Wooo hoooo !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright....I'm getting carried away with the vids. As you can see we love our sand bars down here. The metal detecting is great after these big parties. I once found a gold sailfish pendant with diamonds just sitting in the sand with my beer. Just digging around in the sand and boom there it was in my hands.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
LOVE IT. There is nothing like going to some of those sandbars after someone has held a beer bash on them. You find a lot of pull tabs .

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The Delaware River was once known for its passage too and from Philadelphia so I was going to try on the river banks. I’ve been searching old photos of the river. Pennsylvania has changed a lot over the years but Delaware and New Jersey seam the same. Ironically I was told about this forum threw a boating and fishing forum.
I've hunted a few spots in the Delaware and got gold. Very rocky and hard to dig in...And I'm sure there is a lot more there to be found.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
LOVE IT. There is nothing like going to some of those sandbars after someone has held a beer bash on them. You find a lot of pull tabs .
These spots are as trashy as they come, and watch your step too. Up north the water is not as clear, close to zero vis, a boat gets stuck and they can blow a hole several feet deep.............I've stepped off into a few.......Someday...I'm considering keeping the detector in the boat and using a rake for chains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions