Florida Beaches are CLOSED! These may be my last finds for the season.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now I’m depressed. They have just closed all beaches in Florida to traffic and that includes Metal Detectorists. I was interviewed by the New York Times as I was finishing up a water hunt at Clearwater beach and asked, basically, why an old guy like me was among all the Millennials partying on the beach. Wasn’t I concerned about the Corona virus? Sure I am, but I’m a metal detectorist and this is what I do in the water away from the maddening crowds. Enough said.

I was able to go on a nice productive hunt yesterday before beach closing with my Equinox 800 and here are some of my recent dry sand finds;

This is my first really nice and heavy 10K 9” gold bracelet (15.77g) in a long while. Dry sand find a few days ago.

10K 9 inch bracelet 2020.jpg

Yesterday also snagged this nice 10K gold ring with clear stone in the shape of a heart (shucks, stone doesn’t test as diamond).

10K ring w Clear heart stone 2020.jpg

Funny how these things come in pairs; also found this costume ring w center clear stone also shaped as a heart.

Costume ring w clear heart stone 2020.jpg

Also found a sterling 925 loop ear ring and junk child’s bracelet yesterday just before beach closing.

Hit the water the day before and had a nice time. Snagged two sterling 925 rings; a few hrs apart.

Costume ring w clear heart stone 2020.jpg Sterling Rings 925 2020.jpg

Always love to find gold and this 10K woman’s class ring (4.75g) sure wasn’t a disappointment. My second class ring for the season. Going to try to track down the owner — give me something to do while in quarantine.

10k class ring 2020.jpg

Wife loves this sterling 925 ring (7.49g) from Isreal; unfortunately, it has a missing stone. We were looking for a replacement, locally, when the Covid-19 virus hit and have delayed any further action until???

Sterling ring from Isreal w missing stone 2020.jpg

I don’t find watches very often and I’m always pleased to find one in the scoop. This Pulsar date watch isn’t much to look at but it was still ticking when I found it in 3 ft of water. I’ll designate it as my MDing watch.

Pulsar watch 2020.jpg

At the beginning of the year, found this really nice white gold diamond ring (14K, 0.6 ctw); a wife keeper. Never had a chance to publish it.

14k white gold Diamond Ring.jpg

Want to know what brand of Vape pens Spring Breakers prefer:

Vape Pens.jpg

Have a new story to tell when asked what I find on the beach. Found this 4” hook with a 12’ metal leader in 2 ft of water at CWB. Imagine the damage it would have caused if someone stepped on it! Saved by a Metal Detectorist, again. Happy Hunting.

Four Inch hook w 12 ft wire leader 2020.jpg

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh I should never have to be asked to leave the beach... I am never within 100 foot of someone if I can help it.

You picking up their vape pens ?

Hope ya washed your hands good. heh

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love all of the treasures! You've been killing it! Hopefully this will pass by summer and all can get back to open beach's.

Since I hunt beach's that have been closed since the late 1960's all should be ok, unless they go lock down, which is very possible before to long if they don't get this under control in the next few weeks. Someone else posted this on another forum, they closed the places he hunt's in Mexico..He said the good is no one else can hunt it either.

Be Safe...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
And here we are practicing safe distance in a group. It’s ok! They drink bottled water so they won’t catch the virus...
Or get arthritis when they’re older.
24BD0FE1-C6BA-49D7-BB7E-6A2ADBEADCBD.png

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this will pass soon and things get back to normal.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I’m depressed. They have just closed all beaches in Florida to traffic and that includes Metal Detectorists. I was interviewed by the New York Times as I was finishing up a water hunt at Clearwater beach and asked, basically, why an old guy like me was among all the Millennials partying on the beach. Wasn’t I concerned about the Corona virus? Sure I am, but I’m a metal detectorist and this is what I do in the water away from the maddening crowds. Enough said.

I was able to go on a nice productive hunt yesterday before beach closing with my Equinox 800 and here are some of my recent dry sand finds;

This is my first really nice and heavy 10K 9” gold bracelet (15.77g) in a long while. Dry sand find a few days ago.

View attachment 1813682

Yesterday also snagged this nice 10K gold ring with clear stone in the shape of a heart (shucks, stone doesn’t test as diamond).

View attachment 1813683

Funny how these things come in pairs; also found this costume ring w center clear stone also shaped as a heart.

View attachment 1813684

Also found a sterling 925 loop ear ring and junk child’s bracelet yesterday just before beach closing.

Hit the water the day before and had a nice time. Snagged two sterling 925 rings; a few hrs apart.

View attachment 1813684 View attachment 1813685

Always love to find gold and this 10K woman’s class ring (4.75g) sure wasn’t a disappointment. My second class ring for the season. Going to try to track down the owner — give me something to do while in quarantine.

View attachment 1813687

Wife loves this sterling 925 ring (7.49g) from Isreal; unfortunately, it has a missing stone. We were looking for a replacement, locally, when the Covid-19 virus hit and have delayed any further action until???

View attachment 1813688

I don’t find watches very often and I’m always pleased to find one in the scoop. This Pulsar date watch isn’t much to look at but it was still ticking when I found it in 3 ft of water. I’ll designate it as my MDing watch.

View attachment 1813689

At the beginning of the year, found this really nice white gold diamond ring (14K, 0.6 ctw); a wife keeper. Never had a chance to publish it.

View attachment 1813690

Want to know what brand of Vape pens Spring Breakers prefer:

View attachment 1813691

Have a new story to tell when asked what I find on the beach. Found this 4” hook with a 12’ metal leader in 2 ft of water at CWB. Imagine the damage it would have caused if someone stepped on it! Saved by a Metal Detectorist, again. Happy Hunting.

View attachment 1813692
well I guess it's time to go HOME

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer they're closed, the less new drops will be made.
If they stay closed for the summer, then it will be another year before we see new drops.
Thank you spring break children for ruining the beaches for the rest of the country.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just closed all the State Parks in Fl. The Keys closed last night.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The beaches in St. Johns County (42 miles) are still open. The surrounding counties (Nassau, Duval, and Flagler) all closed their beaches. St. Johns has been incrementally restricting access but they are still open. Last week, they stopped all vehicular access so naturally people instead of finding a quiet spot away from people, they congregated around public parking/beach access points. Now, they have closed all beach parking lots, but people can still go on the beach.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here in Brevard County beaches are open. Beach parking however is closed with barricades. We walked the couple blocks to the beach yesterday, sat in our chairs for an hour or so. Quite a few people there. It was a really nice day.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well,dont forget about the wetfoot dryfoot policy awhile back....anchor off the beach....are you on the beach????

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which beach where you at two weeks ago ? I swear I drove right by ya.... Sweet finds

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far Long Island beaches are open. I’m going there today to social distance. I’m sure it is a matter of time until they close, as weather gets warmer and stupid people start congregating. Right now the beach is a good place to get fresh air and stay far away from people

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer they're closed, the less new drops will be made.
If they stay closed for the summer, then it will be another year before we see new drops.
Thank you spring break children for ruining the beaches for the rest of the country.
tell me you wasn't that stupid and dumb at that age !!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard on the news yesterday that our city of San Diego beaches (and parks) are closed because they observed people gathering in groups larger than allowed. If people would just keep their distance, there wouldn't be a problem. I haven't ventured down there to look, so, I'm not sure it's being enforced or not. It may be that they've just closed all the parking lots and not the beach itself.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ron Lord, you're killing me! Where's our boat so we can get to those hard to get places to MD?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread