MALAYSIA and THAILAND .

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
I was fortunate to spend from 2014 to 2018 cruising and detecting there. It will be very difficult to replicate the high karat jewellery that I found there. Apart from Port Dickson Malaysia and Krabi in Thailand most finds came from the Islands.

Phuket was the only place I saw someone detecting when I first arrived, most MDers go there and it is popular even with the locals... but most of the good stuff is deep and the west coast gets pounded by waves in the monsoon season so what is not found quick gets buried deep fairly quickly. I found a few rings; there. But most of my finds were from beaches that the day trippers go to.. these beaches are wall to wall with long tails and speed boats so you need to get there before 10am and after 4 pm.I am sure I only scratched the surface...there are just so many beaches.

Terry

Attachments

• 15 items gold and platinum 86.7 grams.JPG
    15 items gold and platinum 86.7 grams.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 153
  • SAM_3400.JPG
    SAM_3400.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 111
  • M D west coast 2015 2016 008 (800x600).jpg
    M D west coast 2015 2016 008 (800x600).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very AWESOME gold!!! What detector were you using? Also is there any black sand there?

Dave

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great treasures, Love that color!

I remember a hunter called Crack Badger..he was in the area you speak of..S.Korea I think. His video's got me interested in metal detecting. Some of the High K he got was insane...I believe he was in the services also? This was around 2008..

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi Dave,
Excal mainly.. but if not to trashy then a Dualfield, which I have since sold. Mostly limestone and coral...only black clay some beaches.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey Joe, thanks buddy.
Been a few guys posting. One guy a pilot I think...forget his name posted on Tnet. He beat me to Centosa in Singapore.... I still found Gold there.
We are getting cabin fever with this lock down here...Can not even leave the marina.

treasurehunter1957

Apr 9, 2020
hampshire united kingdom
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HI TERRY , I FOUND YOUR POST INTERESTING AND AGREE THAT THERE IS DETECTING OUT THERE BY LOCALS ESPECIALLY IN THAILAND AT THE MORE POPULAR RESORTS SUCH AS PHUKET AND PATTAYA AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN GOLD FINDS , BUT THERE ARE BEACHES SUCH AS NAI HARN IN SOUTHERN PHUKET , KOH LARN AND OTHERS THAT ARE VIRGIN TERRITORY THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DETECTED AT ALL BUT STILL GET THOUSANDS OF TOURIST EACH SEASON , I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A METAL DETECTING CLUB ON PHUKET , ANYHOW LIKED THE PICTURES OF YOUR FINDS AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE,:occasion14:

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave,
Excal mainly.. but if not to trashy then a Dualfield, which I have since sold. Mostly limestone and coral...only black clay some beaches.

Thanks!!! Again great stuff!!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Loved those crack badger videos back in the day when I was just a rookie Detectorist. He really had me loving my 250 back then when he would talk about the Ace and his finds. Whatever happened to him I wonder.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
HI TERRY , I FOUND YOUR POST INTERESTING AND AGREE THAT THERE IS DETECTING OUT THERE BY LOCALS ESPECIALLY IN THAILAND AT THE MORE POPULAR RESORTS SUCH AS PHUKET AND PATTAYA AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN GOLD FINDS , BUT THERE ARE BEACHES SUCH AS NAI HARN IN SOUTHERN PHUKET , KOH LARN AND OTHERS THAT ARE VIRGIN TERRITORY THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DETECTED AT ALL BUT STILL GET THOUSANDS OF TOURIST EACH SEASON , I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A METAL DETECTING CLUB ON PHUKET , ANYHOW LIKED THE PICTURES OF YOUR FINDS AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE,:occasion14:

Thanks for the reply.

I know Nai Harn well ...Used to anchor there for Christmas and New years. Most of my finds where from the east coast.
Towards the end of my stay I met two local Thais that used CZs, they also did pretty good and travelled around with a long tail.
Koh Sumui and the islands north should be good, but you need to cover a lot of ground.
Terry.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Loved those crack badger videos back in the day when I was just a rookie Detectorist. He really had me loving my 250 back then when he would talk about the Ace and his finds. Whatever happened to him I wonder.

Hey Irishgoldhound thanks. I have seen some awesome videos too.. When it comes to posting that sort of stuff I am a real rookie and struggle a lot.
Several leave the hobby and don't post anymore.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Like so many detecting is location, location, location...I do know of 3 hunters that use to kill it when they were over sea's or in the islands. They move back after there time was up and detecting becomes normal.

kindgrind360 the crackbadger moved back to Florida? I think..

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I know location does mean a lot... but for me its mostly luck and mother nature opening her cookie jar. Been to some beaches...nothing.... go back a while later and bam ..targets everywhere. Still struggling to post pics... My picture files are a total mess spread over three computers.

Attachments

• Pangkor.jpg
    Pangkor.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 86.7 grams gold and plat.JPG
    86.7 grams gold and plat.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 89
  • SAM_3080.JPG
    SAM_3080.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 95

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Man, love the pics. Making my mouth water given the closed beaches in the area and lack of metal detecting opportunities right now. We want MORE!

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Man, love the pics. Making my mouth water given the closed beaches in the area and lack of metal detecting opportunities right now. We want MORE!

Hey Lawrence..Thanks buddy...You are not the only ones on lock down, only one of us is allowed out of the marina once a week for groceries and medical supplies. I am getting square eyes from all this computer work. I have been on a yachting forum for about ten years and only have three posts so far...So trying hard to make a hundred posts on here and its hard work for me:laughing7:
At least we are still alive.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
more pics...Phranang cave beach... I called this the dick cave... There are hundreds of carved wooden *****es in these caves. These limestone cliffs
attachment.php
are spectacular when the sun shines on them early in the morning... The prettiest beach I have ever been to.

Attachments

• SAM_4201.JPG
    SAM_4201.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 13 feb 2016 (800x600).jpg
    13 feb 2016 (800x600).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 68
  • SAM_3404.JPG
    SAM_3404.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
More pic's 13 feb 2016 (10) (800x600).jpg one Cartier from Thailand. Others Malaysia

SAM_3154.JPG This one had the cotton rapped around the shank.... must have been to big? he still lost it

SAM_3418.JPG My transport, it's about 20 years old but pretty worn out now .... In front of Rayavadee resort Krabi... This is a fancy resort and you will always find jewellery here... Many day trippers come here to visit the caves.

$ malay coins.JPG Malay 1 $ coins out of circulation for 30 years... when you start finding these you know not many Minelabs have been to this beach:laughing7:

Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions