Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mid June to Mid September...bathing suit with a 50SPF rash guard or on windy days a .5 mil jacket is plenty for me.
The rest of the year I use waders or to get the extra couple of inches out I have a 3 mil wet suit, a 5/7 mil farmer John wet suit. Of course neoprene booties and perhaps a pair of neoprene socks for colder days.
For the deep freeze an Ice-Water Rescue suit works for me. Of course the bay side waters are a few degrees colder than the sound.
Check for beach closures Town by Town as they are in a constant flux right now. Some parking lot gates are closed and locked. Lots of sand has been pulled off the beach into the swimming area. I am averaging less than 20 targets (TRASH included) every 3+ hours in the water since the beginning of this year. Type/Brand/Model of detector does not seam to make much of a difference.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.pleasuresports.com/5mm-...gRKDEZo9vbxZ3i-OCWcHWxAn6kEQTn9RoCZN8QAvD_BwE

or go with a 3mm
i wear a 5mm kayak/dive jacket in the summer - you want to keep your core temp up
you can still get hyperthermia in warm water if you stay in long enough - i saw a guy get it in Fla.
lips turned purple and he got the shakes
added plus is your arms are covered and protects against jellyfish
i wear bathing trunks with lycra shorts underneath

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any wet suit will make you buoyant - the thicker = the more buoyant
I remember one of the first times i took my GF with me on a winter hunt - she was worried
for my safety - water was little rough - i went out to chin deep and took my feet off the ground
I floated perfectly - some cant hunt out that deep without weights - i only wear weights when
using SNUBA or hookah - when cold water hunting i do the moon walk - (not the michael jackson
one - the astronaut one) Icall it the ghost bounce or Casper bounce - it works for me
long story short - if you need some/want some weights let me know - i have extras i made - i have a
dive weight mold - more than happy to give you some - you just have to get yourself a belt

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
summer dress wear - R.I. waters
attachment.php

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK here is what I wear during the cold days of Dec/Jan/Feb.

Attachments

• winter top.jpg
    winter top.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 66
  • winter bottom.jpg
    winter bottom.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions