veterans discount?

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does kellyco offer a discount to Veterans purchasing an Equinox 800? I'm ready to order but probably they're not open for business due to Covid-19. Is there a date of mfg. on the carton? what are the chances of getting a 2020 model? Finally, 70 yrs. old, officially retired. I have what I need for Nox 800, mask/snorkel and 5mm wetsuit. I also want an Anderson straight shaft to replace the stock shaft on my Dual Field. I think I'd rather use that waist to neck deep rather than take chance of my Nox leaking

Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab gives the discount, the dealers only pass it on.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mine just purchased a 800 from Kellyco a couple weeks ago and got the discount.

And Congratulations on the Retirement! At 70 I would say you were "WAY" over due.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dual Field's can leak too. Dunk that new Nox while it's under warranty. They'll replace it with a new one if it leaks. As far as I know, all the retail mail order detectors shops are open for business. As for aftermarket shafts, you may want to check with Steve's Detector Rods, who is a supporting member here on Tnet. He makes a great one for the Equinox.

cougar14

Aug 6, 2017
Concord
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just send them a copy of your DD214 as an email attachment, all they need to set you up for the discount. Got mine last year from BigBoys. 899 minus 15%, no tax no shipping.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the rebate comes from Minelab, I bought a 600 last year from Keith at Ft. Bedford after Kellyco gave me the runaround for 4 months and I have been buying all my accessories from him ever since. Good Luck!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just the opposite....... with a 3 year warranty i want to get it wet A LOT. If things are going to break...... i want it to happen under warranty.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco has given a veteran's discount for years. I've used it several times with them. Drove down to Florida some years ago and spent an entire day in their shop. GOOD PEOPLE!

Also met Pat Cats, Treasure Hunter, GIB (he's been absent here for a long time) on the trip. And, of course OBN came to meet Indian Steve and I a number of years ago.

We've a good community here. I've met others like Relevantchair, and another member so long ago I can't remember his moniker :(

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noticed that if you take the military discount the dealer will not then give you the bundle goodies. Wonder if their profit is lower on military discounted items. Or is the manufacturer subsidizing the bundles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread