Nox 800 USB charger

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two Kellyco offer are $9.99 (out of stock) and the 4 way universal for $40.00
Are there others with same charging rate that have safety design to stop charging when the battery is Full?
I know nothing about electronics, computers and such but I don't want to chance overcharging the Lithium battery
Unfortunately, it doesn't come with one. Strange.
I also can't figure out what the $24.00 free accessories include.

Upvote 0

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The two Kellyco offer are $9.99 (out of stock) and the 4 way universal for $40.00
Are there others with same charging rate that have safety design to stop charging when the battery is Full?
I know nothing about electronics, computers and such but I don't want to chance overcharging the Lithium battery
Unfortunately, it doesn't come with one. Strange.
I also can't figure out what the $24.00 free accessories include.

Your internal regulator in the Equinox will cutoff at full charge with any spare USB wall wart, if 1000ma(1 amp)or higher. Actually, it should cutoff using the computer usb, but we all usually have these wall wart things laying around.

I'd never invest in that kind of money over concerns about over charging, unless I needed a bank of charging ability for multiple accessories.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use my phone charger. As McKinney mentioned, the detector has it's own built in regulator that cuts off the juice when it's fully charged.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a solar panel back pack ? charge on the go...:laughing9:

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great. Thanks to all. No more worries

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an Anker 4 port smart charger. They are FAST chargers with the correct DCV and can be used with several devices at once....... headphones, detector ....a couple of phones. Worth every penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions