cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had to change the ground balance at any beach I've been to so far......including ones with nasty black sand. Your DFX wasn't true multifrequency, so, that may be something White's used to help in the wet sand and water. I always had to double ground balance all my old White's machines at the beach and it still didn't help much. Went to multifrequency Minelabs and never looked back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DFX operated in 3khz and 15khz together in "best data" and "correlate" or individually. At the time in '02 it did a good job on the beach with the 9" concentric coil but not waterproof. I gave up on Whites to produce a multi freq waterproof detector with a coil that doesn't float. Why they never got away from floating coils behooves me! It was actually suggested to me on their Forum to tie a sock filled with sand tied to the shaft of my Dual Field to keep it just off the bottom. What a ridiculous solution. After waiting a long time, I ordered a Nox 800 and TE headphones. Looking forward to receiving both next week.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally use GB 0.... because i can tell the difference when im working in wet fluffy sand and hard pan by the noise level. As far as the DFX.... it did have a factory setting that it used on beaches that wouldnt GB. Unless you have really harsh conditions id save tracking for raw gold hunting out west. Id rather have a nice consistant GB than a every changing one..... that in most cases loose you more depth/sensitivity than any gain you might get from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread