Recommended Equinox Saltwater diving settings

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Its not a dive machine, but... Here is a video that might help you, the settings are near the end. There are at least 3 videos of him diving with the Equinox so look at his other videos also. Be careful of your depth. Good luck.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not a dive machine, but... Here is a video that might help you, the settings are near the end. There are at least 3 videos of him diving with the Equinox so look at his other videos also. Be careful of your depth. Good luck.
Yes ı know its not dive machine but its very good shallow water and chest deep but its very jumps deep targets and i dont know why so

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to everyone
I use equinox in saltwater and my settings are ground balance 0 sensitive 16 target tone 2 accept reject -9 f2 3 and recovery speed is 3 whats your recommended settings for diving in the surf area and shallow water

If you're using the 800, I think I'd probably raise the recover speed a bit to keep the falsing down. Otherwise, I would run stock Beach 2, Iron bias setting based on the amount of iron junk (at least FE2 set at 5 if there are bottle caps), and Sensitivity set as high as you can and still be stable. I don't like iron targets in the water, so, I wouldn't accept any negative numbers. Oh, I hunt in all metal, so, I'll still hear the iron, it'll just give me the low tone that I can ignore or investigate if I so choose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're using the 800, I think I'd probably raise the recover speed a bit to keep the falsing down. Otherwise, I would run stock Beach 2, Iron bias setting based on the amount of iron junk (at least FE2 set at 5 if there are bottle caps), and Sensitivity set as high as you can and still be stable. I don't like iron targets in the water, so, I wouldn't accept any negative numbers. Oh, I hunt in all metal, so, I'll still hear the iron, it'll just give me the low tone that I can ignore or investigate if I so choose.
Yes cudamark we use almost the same settings buy ı dont understand to deep targets are why very jumps up ı found a 18 k married ring 35 cm and its jumped all numbers 18 10 12 14

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe black sand or some other mineralization affecting the reading.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They jump because there deep..possible....I can't tell you how many times Ive dug gold and it was a bad signal. You have to dig those type of signals until you get close enough to get a solid reading. I hunt with the excalibur and in PP..I get a faint signal...I'll check in discriminate...gives me a null..Iron right? I've learned to dig a scoop or two to get a good solid hit...in disc.... Many of those nulls or bad signals over the years have been gold.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth will effect the signal for sure, but, it's not JUST depth. I've had deep signals with perfect I.D's. Others like what Casper mentioned will be off, and sometimes in the iron range initially. There has to be something in, or missing in the ground matrix that makes some target I.D's accurate, and others sketchy. Depth alone is apparently not the only factor. I know when I get a weak, but, non-ferrous signal (generally a mid tone or lower), take a scoop and then get a solid iron sound, to dig deeper and recover the target. Almost always it ends up being a good target. If it starts out being a high tone, and then turns to iron after a scoop or two, it's usually big rusty iron.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These boys are on it. Low jumpy numbers are always worth taking a dig at. If its a split shot it'll usually come right out of the hole. If its still down there keep digging. If the tone is lower than a cent I investigate. On land its the opposite for me lol. All machines I've used get jumpy at depth. It makes your heart jump a bit when you find that signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread