chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang on, is this real? Why don't FT do a release??

Price?

Release date?

Chub

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharp looking machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is for sale. Currently limited to US and Canada residents only. One dealer. Seek details elsewhere, don't want to break any rules

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the limited edition is gone, the Regular edition will sell for about $2500 and folks will line up to buy it. It isn’t a toy or even a hobby machine. It exists for only one thing - find gold jewelry in salt water - nothing for else. And for doing that - nothing else can touch it!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't. Not a fun machine to use......more like work.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the gold I find these days requires work.....lol Not like it use to be.

You beat me to it.. I was going to post the same. Out of the little bit of gold I have for this year, all except two were hard ..everything from the walk, the find and the dig. The two that were not (hard) were fresh drops.. A totally different type of hunting ..

My Opinion on the Limited Model AQ
The AQ Limited is not the Perfect machine but in the right hands will find gold.. I would highly recommend if anyone is considering purchasing, wait for the New Version, many upgrades and a much better design on the Li-ion power supply. When available ? I have no clue.

It can be for some.... a temperamental beast of a machine. Which if in the wrong surroundings will drive you crazy!
It is a crazy deep PI, with (some) Disc., which can be amazing or give you a bad taste of that thing called .."Work" / "I hate this machine" / "I should have brought the Nox"!! It is not a machine you would take out blindly and go hunting. There are spots I would not dare take it, others where I know there is deep gold and the Excalibur is not producing.. The AQ is the machine.

For me and a few others ... those who understand it only works if... you walk into a spot with full knowledge of what your walking into... and knowing the AQ's full capabilities will work there ..... and how to use them if they do. One thing about the AQ and I still have a lot to learn, just a small adjustment can be the difference in it's ability to knocking out iron and hearing a gold ring. Just setting it and hunting.. don't cut it with this machine... It really takes fine tuning to the surroundings your walking into to get the most out of it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You beat me to it.. I was going to post the same. Out of the little bit of gold I have for this year, all except two were hard ..everything from the walk, the find and the dig. The two that were not (hard) were fresh drops.. A totally different type of hunting ..

My Opinion on the Limited Model AQ
The AQ Limited is not the Perfect machine but in the right hands will find gold.. I would highly recommend if anyone is considering purchasing, wait for the New Version, many upgrades and a much better design on the Li-ion power supply. When available ? I have no clue.

It can be for some.... a temperamental beast of a machine. Which if in the wrong surroundings will drive you crazy!
It is a crazy deep PI, with (some) Disc., which can be amazing or give you a bad taste of that thing called .."Work" / "I hate this machine" / "I should have brought the Nox"!! It is not a machine you would take out blindly and go hunting. There are spots I would not dare take it, others where I know there is deep gold and the Excalibur is not producing.. The AQ is the machine.

For me and a few others ... those who understand it only works if... you walk into a spot with full knowledge of what your walking into... and knowing the AQ's full capabilities will work there ..... and how to use them if they do. One thing about the AQ and I still have a lot to learn, just a small adjustment can be the difference in it's ability to knocking out iron and hearing a gold ring. Just setting it and hunting.. don't cut it with this machine... It really takes fine tuning to the surroundings your walking into to get the most out of it.

You said a mouthful. This is exactly how I approach each and every hunt these days, even with the Excal. "Rarely" do I encounter easy gold these days, a lot of easy tungsten and stainless but easy gold is super rare. I have a few places where the I can see the AQ could offering me a decided advantage while in other areas a decided disadvantage. Disc mode, silent mode, pp mode, I apply them all with the Excal just depending on the environment that I'm in on any given day because those environments can change daily. I think you hit the nail on the head when you referenced "knowing what you're walking into." I always tell people to become a student of the environments they hunt, do this and it will change the way they hunt and it will also improve their rate of success. And second, truly know and understand the technology in your hands and then treat it like a Swiss Army knife.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are sharks in the water...some days I wished I hunted in the water, then the nightmare ended. I'm sure I'd get hurt pretty fast out there. Now 20 years ago would have been a different story.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are sharks in the water...some days I wished I hunted in the water, then the nightmare ended. I'm sure I'd get hurt pretty fast out there. Now 20 years ago would have been a different story.

I went to treasure camp Friday afternoon, setup camp, did a short hunt, hyperextended my left elbow due to so much weight in the scoop. Went back to camp, slept, got up and packed and came back home Saturday morning because i couldn't dig. "Getting old sucks!"......lol

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear scoop. A few days ago I started walking in the mornings, now have shin splints:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread