[BANNER] 1732 8 reale pillar dollar from the 1733 fleet !! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree606Likes

Thread: 1732 8 reale pillar dollar from the 1733 fleet !!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Jun 2015
    56358 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    That is a beauty Bart and is cleaning up nicely I already voted "banner" on your original post, but just in case the "banner votes" are calculated when posted on a thread dedicated to that item, I am submitting "banner" and the moderators can take it from there.

And here you felt you were being WATCHED ............now you have good reason to feel that.

Just be careful and safe buddy .
    Last edited by Simon1; Jun 15, 2020 at 11:15 PM.

us
    Feb 2010
    East/West Coast
    ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC Stealth 720i hybrd
    718 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    MR. BB Thank you for fine recovery! I must drop my two cents.................Banner and Banner! History found!
    Is it just me........ or dose Beach and Shallow Water hunters get snubbed on Banner finds?
    Esse quam videri

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    2613 times
    I voted banner too right after my post. Hard to believe that one wouldn't be considered.
    Blak bart, Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    EQX 800; CTX 3030; Excal II
    1272 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A banner vote for sure! That's worthy of a banner if ever I saw one. Terrific find. Congratulations Blak Bart. Stay the course, there's more out there.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. It’s up to you to pick the best seat~

us
    beachcomber, treasure hunter, fisherman

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    Mine lab primary fisher secondary
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJGMC View Post
    Gee, why was I so disappointed when the Treasure Hunters Rendevous was cancelled due to the virus? Simply cannot wait until I do manage to get to Barts part of the coast and try my luck.

The coin you found is not to be viewed as awesome or banner worthy.

It is far above and beyond that !!

My banner vote is in also.

Nice find!

RJGMC
    Thank you RJGMC.....it is quite an honor to recover it, and one heck of a piece of history !! Good luck and happy hunting RJGMC !!
    Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    63955 times
    Well I see you started a thread for this one... I was wondering if you were gonna or not.... glad ya did...

Not everyone on TreasureNet is hip to posts in the Random Chat Thread first.... and this needed some attention outside the RCT...

AND...

Is as I stated there... worthy of a banner
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    That is a beauty Bart and is cleaning up nicely I already voted "banner" on your original post, but just in case the "banner votes" are calculated when posted on a thread dedicated to that item, I am submitting "banner" and the moderators can take it from there.

And here you felt you were being WATCHED ............now you have good reason to feel that.

Just be careful and safe buddy .
    Wooo hoooo simon.....I'm so excited....thank you for the vote my friend !! There could be more my friend....so far for me this has been a great year, even with all this covid 19 really messing up my hunting !! I havnt got out as much but the hunts have been more productive. Looks like I'll be heading back to the bahamas shortly and recovering our gear and finds from my pre quarantine adventures. One thing is for certain...the big chunks of fused conglomerate have produced silver for me like no other time before...didnt matter if found these rusty chunks in the bahamas or at home here in the keys...these chunks have been great and I will continue to search them out !! Wooo hooo simon I'm a happy man !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft; Equinox 800
    357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak bart View Post
    Thanks steve.....the secret is the wrecks held very little treasure for modern salvors. Every one and there mother have been out there looking around those wrecks. The spanish brought all the treasure to the salvage camps on the beach. There was 12 million pesos of registered treasure on board these ships. That means that this treasure had to be dove up and loaded on boats and then brought to the camps each day. How do you unload a boat on the primitive beaches of the keys. The small boats loaded with treasure would have had to unload in waist deep water and walk these heavy loads to shore. Sometimes this may have been more than 100 yards to walk the heavy crates of silver to the beach. Anyone who has tried to walk a cross the flats knows that you will sink to your knees in the muck. The treasure is in the shallows where they loaded and unloaded this treasure.....basically I'm working the treasure spills from this salvage work. After they salvaged much more than was listed these spills and smuggled stashes of silver were left where they lay....for guys like us to find. So....the treasure is in and around the beaches and camps where these survivors and salvors came ashore. 1 or 2 broken open chests and sacks and there are hundreds of lost cobbs every time it happened. It had to be a struggle to get these treasures ashore by the means used in 1733-34. There were no docks !!
    Makes sense, keys beaches are not your typical sandy beach
    Simon1, Blak bart and WannaDig3687 like this.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnturf View Post
    MR. BB Thank you for fine recovery! I must drop my two cents.................Banner and Banner! History found!
    Is it just me........ or dose Beach and Shallow Water hunters get snubbed on Banner finds?
    Thank you for your vote surfnturf !! I thought about posting it in today's finds....but...this has to be one of my all time greatest shallow water finds !! What a roller coaster ride 2020 has been for me....heck all of us for that matter...good luck and happy hunting surfnturf !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
    I voted banner too right after my post. Hard to believe that one wouldn't be considered.
    Thanks smallfoot....you know me...just trying to make the flawda boys proud !! Happy hunting and good luck smallfoot !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelDan View Post
    A banner vote for sure! That's worthy of a banner if ever I saw one. Terrific find. Congratulations Blak Bart. Stay the course, there's more out there.
    Thank you colonelDan....its taken me 4-5 years to find my second pillar dollar. The first was my avatar and it's a 1733 !! You are right though...theres more out there !! Good luck dan and I hope to see more from the Seminole war lake spot !! Incredible history your recovering there !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Well I see you started a thread for this one... I was wondering if you were gonna or not.... glad ya did...

Not everyone on TreasureNet is hip to posts in the Random Chat Thread first.... and this needed some attention outside the RCT...

AND...

Is as I stated there... worthy of a banner
    Thank you ARC....You know that everyone over there on the RCT ship is like family to me and I enjoy Sharing with you guys and just chit chatting a whole lot...you guys have had my back and supported me since I got to T-NET...thanks my friend I really appreciate it !!
    AARC, Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    34363 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by sphillips View Post
    Makes sense, keys beaches are not your typical sandy beach
    Steve that's another big factor....I love those ugly rocky shore lines. I tend to avoid the deep sand and grass beds and hunt over shallow sand and rock with fans and soft corals....at least I can recover something in this bottom quickly without having to dig 2 feet for deep beer cans. Recovery times are quicker and I can cover more bottom. So I'm religous with the sat imaging....always searching for changing bottom conditions. When the bottom changes over a couple months and we go from deep sand and grass to the scrubby hard pan bottom I'm all over it. The sand shifts seasonally and can cover good spots in a short time with 2-3 feet of new sand just as quick as it uncovers. I need a storm...just not a cat 4 + !! Steve I want to come up and sift for the emeralds soon. I'll PM you when I come up !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Charter Member
    us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    795 times
    BB, thanks for the link.
    Great read on Key West History.
    Read near every paper.
    IK 1733 Fleet Wreck
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill

The truth I do not stretch or shove
    When I state that the dog is full of love.
    I've also found, by actual test,
    A wet dog is the lovingest.
    Ogden Nash

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41236 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Im glad to see you found that Banner I would need a bag of diapers if I found something that awesome Great job hopoe you find many more. The piece with the Island design is banner also......Tommy
    AARC, Simon1, Blak bart and 1 others like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links