For the new ocean beach hunter

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your beach hunting Check List:

1. have a metal detector that can hunt in saltwater. most PI machines or multifrequency detector with a beach mode like the Equinox 800 or Simplex.
2. you have to good choices - in front of very expensive hotels or condos or busy public beaches.
3. find the best public beach in your area by using Google Earth to locate the one with the biggest parking lot.
4. dry sand and do your homework and observe where the towel line is located and hunt it after all have gone in for the day.
5. wet sand - cuts, black sand areas and shallow areas.
6. when you are finding light stuff like poptops, fishing lures (not weights) move on to another area.
7. when you are finding fishing weights and corroded coins, slow down and hunt that area carefully. Remember the ocean tides, wind and waves cause the metal drops to be located by specific gravity. Hence lead weights and jewelry are often found together.
8. when hunting wet areas hunt at low tide, gives you more area to hunt in the drop zone. The drop zone is chest high water where people frolic and swim and lose jewelry that they cannot possibly recover.
9. After a sudden electrical storm hit the towel line for lost jewelry that the gals have left on their towels and got lost when they quickly grabbed their towel and ran for shelter.
10. hunt near the life guard stands people tend to swim more often in those areas for safety reasons.

have fun.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great tips!:occasion14::skullflag:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed your icon - with Felix the cat in it - when I was a kid i found a enamel pin of him - wish i still had it
very rare and collectible - i found it at an old mansion that burnt down

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with #3 is you will find up to 20+ other hunters there too
I try to go to hideaway spots or old spots that are no longer really beaches any more

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with #3 is you will find up to 20+ other hunters there too
I try to go to hideaway spots or old spots that are no longer really beaches any more

I hit the weekend busy spots on a monday morning, or if saturday was particularly busy, early sunday as well.

Saltwater60

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My area you can’t hunt all year only the off season. So first day of October I think I’ll give it a shot this year. First year with a detector so why not.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The truth is 90% or more are people on vacation who don't now who to read a wet ocean beach and anything they find is dumb luck. On top of they they bring their Ace, Bounty hunter or AT Pro to hunt the wet sand and wonder why they cannot find anything. they should stay in the dry sand at the towel line. So a good local beach hunter has little to fear from the guy on vacation.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive not gone to Georgia to beach hunt yet = Ive got friend in Fla. that say guys fear (more like hate) when I go down there
for a short vacay now and then - I always wonder how I'd have done if i lived down there since Ive done pretty good in the short visits
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread