Sunspot/Stealth Scoop - POSITIVE experience
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By ScoopRattler
  • 2 Post By DeepseekerADS
  • 2 Post By Jim in MA
  • 4 Post By cudamark
  • 1 Post By CCadrin

Thread: Sunspot/Stealth Scoop - POSITIVE experience

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2018
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Sunspot/Stealth Scoop - POSITIVE experience

I want to report a positive experience I just had with Sunspot/Stealth scoops...

A couple of weeks ago I sent my 5-year old Stealth 720i scoop to Sunspot for a repair under the lifetime warranty. After dropping $60 at the post office on a Monday morning, the scoop was on its way from FL to CA where it arrived at Sunspot the following Tuesday afternoon (yes, over a one week journey by USPS standard shipping). Betty at Sunspot and her engineer evaluated my scoop and determined that a replacement was a better option than a repair. My new scoop was shipped on Thursday by USPS priority mail and arrived at my door less than 48 hours later at noon on Saturday!!! I am impressed and I am thankful for the way Sunspot stood behind their product, warranty, and customer and for the super quick turnaround.

On another matter, I recently purchased a carbon fiber handle for this scoop from Sunspot. Unfortunately however, I received one of the carbon fiber handles that another TNet member described in a previous post. The handles were manufactured where the "fish scale" feature of the handle runs in the wrong direction. This makes the handle quite slippery in water rather than providing the fish scale grip. I spoke to Betty at Sunspot about this and she assured me the situation was being resolved. She gave me two options, one for a quicker fix if I needed it:
    1. Send in the defective scoop and they will reverse the handle by grinding a new connection to the scoop and adding a rubber grip over the other end.
    2. Wait a few weeks for the new carbon fiber handles to arrive.

I opted to wait for the new handle and, based on my scoop experience, I am confident that Betty and Sunspot will deliver. I will update this post with what I expect to be more good news when the carbon fiber handle problem is resolved.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    19733 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've the Stealth 920ix. I opted for a post hole digger shaft.

Floats upright in the water, cost less than $20.

And it is still there right with me, strong as heck. Of course it's heavier when I'm out of the water, but floats upright when I'm in the water.
    OBN and log2lumber like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Apr 2011
    Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoopRattler View Post
    I want to report a positive experience I just had with Sunspot/Stealth scoops...

A couple of weeks ago I sent my 5-year old Stealth 720i scoop to Sunspot for a repair under the lifetime warranty. After dropping $60 at the post office on a Monday morning, the scoop was on its way from FL to CA where it arrived at Sunspot the following Tuesday afternoon (yes, over a one week journey by USPS standard shipping). Betty at Sunspot and her engineer evaluated my scoop and determined that a replacement was a better option than a repair. My new scoop was shipped on Thursday by USPS priority mail and arrived at my door less than 48 hours later at noon on Saturday!!! I am impressed and I am thankful for the way Sunspot stood behind their product, warranty, and customer and for the super quick turnaround.
    BEWARE and ask questions.

I recall a post about some one who sent his scoop in like you did got a new one like you did.
    time passed his scoop was bent and cracked again, if I recall right he sent it in and there was something to the effect that if they can not fix it they will not send a 2nd new scoop. So the lifetime warranty was over.

you may want to treat this 2nd one better to make it last.

Maybe someone can find the post.
    log2lumber and DeepseekerADS like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8790 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If it's a minor repair, I just have a local welder fix it. Cheaper than the cost of shipping and I don't have wait to use it again.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    MANDAD76

Jun 2008
    BAYTOWN, TEXAS
    SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
    38 times
    Good to know.....haven't had any problems with mine....gl and hh!

Mar 2008
    28 times
    The Life Time warranty is only good on the original scoop. The replacement is not. Basically, you can only return it once.
    Jim in MA likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links