Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it works sell it

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, if you can't find the owner, I'm certain it could be re-programed to perhaps fit your needs.

Somebody is missing that watch though.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you take it to an apple store they can find the owner. It is actually hard to sell old phones, now. Everyone thinks they're stolen.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you take it to an apple store they can find the owner. It is actually hard to sell old phones, now. Everyone thinks they're stolen.

Not sure where the legal distinction is drawn between simply having good luck finding a quarter on the ground and picking up a lost purse and selling the contents without turning it in. The latter is theft in most places in the US.

Probably not popular to say that but it’s true.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where the legal distinction is drawn between simply having good luck finding a quarter on the ground and picking up a lost purse and selling the contents without turning it in. The latter is theft in most places in the US.

Probably not popular to say that but it’s true.
There is a legal distinction...all states have a law stating that you must turn in found items over a certain value amount...each state is different...some are as little as 50 dollars...the law is not enforced...in reality every gold ring found by detectorist is supposed to be turned in...it's not enforced and no one cares...many people don't know the law exist...lot of detectorist don't know it exists.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
4 or 5 years ago, Indian Steve and I went for a water hunt. I found 2 class rings, neither of which were precious metals. Tracked both owners down through their schools. Contacted both guys to return them.

One guy agreed to meet us halfway. Steve, his wife, and I waited over two hours for the owner to show up = he didn't. Found the other guy too, contacted him and he never responded.

So, I still have two essentially worthless class rings they didn't care enough about to even want them back.

Ain't people great?

I for one still have my high school class ring, and I'm 71 years old now.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family was so poor my folks couldn't afford to buy my sisters or I class rings. I have never found a precious metal one but would try to return it. I did find a sterling ID bracelet for a small girl with only the first name "Ricky" on it but I knew a girl who attended that elementary school and she knew it was her school friend Erica's bracelet. Erica had moved away but we returned it to her mother who still lived in the same house. Her mother was amazed to see her daughter's bracelet after 20 years and very happy to have it back.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Apple items are locked most of the time, and they transmit a signal to Apple and to the owner, hence are trackable. I'd take it to an Apple store. My son in law works for Apple. If he loses his laptop or cell phone, Apple sends a locator signal. If its not recoverable they send a signal to either item and it will fry it!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did have one successful return, found a sterling bracelet tag with the guys name on it. Found him in Massachusetts, contacted him and he responded. I mailed it back to him, and he called me back and thanked the shuckings outta me :)

Turned out he was "Jr" - it was his late father's.

That was a good time that one. Too bad those class rings aren't precious metals.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread