TNets thoughts on a new PI machine - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: TNets thoughts on a new PI machine

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" Impulse
    6235 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    Fisher or First Texas?

Chub
    All the same......... The First Texas Products Group which holds among others, the detector brands:Fisher Labs, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter, the El-Paso plant also produces a range of night vision devicesunder the brands: Igen, Night-Owl and Nivisys, from the simple monocular lightamplificators to high-tech infrared targeting devices for firearms.

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1155 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    I found that hard to believe the CEO was fired ..... or it has little affect on the metal detecting side of the house. Joe loves his Xcal..... im partial to the MDT currently, but i believe we both know the AQ is going to be a machine serious beach hunters will want to add..... be it the limited or the production model. There are times you arent chasing recent drops and just need a deep machine once you have done all you can with the VLF you are using or the competition has clean you out..... thats where a good DEEP PI comes in handy for working areas where conditions are right.
    OBN, Hookka, Jim in MA and 1 others like this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    694 times
    First Texas Products (Fisher, Bounty Hunts Hunter, Teknetics and lots of industrial products) is doing fine as can be expected with COVID19 restrictions keeping manning to a minimum in the plant. It is a closely held company (no stockholders) and Tom Walsh is the President (and owner). He is busy at work.

A couple of weeks ago they had a reorganization and several management level folks in Marketing left the company - this may be the rumor someone heard about the CEO. They don’t have a CEO - Tom is the President.

The detector - the AQ limited is $1499 and only available from one dealer and only to US and Canadian buyers. They have announced that less than 100 of these will b e produced and that it will be followed by and electronically identical model (AQ Unlimited??) with revised mechanical details and stronger battery.
    CASPER-2, OBN and Jim in MA like this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35, Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil
    1849 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Was hoping to buy a Whites TDI beach hunter this fall but ya'll made that questionable (Depth tests show this to be one of the deepest PI machines). Not sure I want to buy a machine from a defunct company; although my first detector was a Whites in the early 1970s. Haven't heard till now that Whites was going out of business...any more info on the subject from those in the know?
    For more depth than the Excal, I've used the CTX 3030 w 17" coil and this past yr the Equinox 800 w 15" coil. Although not PIs, both will pickup targets in the 10- 15" depth range often missed by machines w 10-12" coils. Can't believe the number of dimes, in particular, I pick up at 12" and found one hole that had 5 silver rings in the 12 - 18" range over well hunted beach (Clearwater Florida).
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Apr 2013
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
    106 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    First Texas Products (Fisher, Bounty Hunts Hunter, Teknetics and lots of industrial products) is doing fine as can be expected with COVID19 restrictions keeping manning to a minimum in the plant. It is a closely held company (no stockholders) and Tom Walsh is the President (and owner). He is busy at work.

A couple of weeks ago they had a reorganization and several management level folks in Marketing left the company - this may be the rumor someone heard about the CEO. They don’t have a CEO - Tom is the President.

The detector - the AQ limited is $1499 and only available from one dealer and only to US and Canadian buyers. They have announced that less than 100 of these will b e produced and that it will be followed by and electronically identical model (AQ Unlimited??) with revised mechanical details and stronger battery.
    Thanks for the clarification on this. I don't like perpetuating rumors, I initially brushed it off but just with the news from whites my heart sank a bit. I managed to get my hands on a TDI-SL for a great deal and its a 1/3rd paid for on the first hunt and I really like it. What a shame about whites, that is a quality machine. Would love the waterproof TDI in the arsenal, I can't wait to put some of my GPX coils on it and see how that goes although the stock coil is hot as it is.

Guess I'm gonna be holding my breath for a while on that Fischer. Gonna need a bucket for my drool at this rate.
    OBN likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links