gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shafts are arrow straight, probably go-pro wide angle lens effect you are seeing. Shafts could not telescope up if one were curved. No, the coils don't float up.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks. I’m in the Hudson Valley also. I have a xcal and thinking about getting the nox800;please let me know how you like it. Thanks again. Bill

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I like mine. Had it since January, found all kind of interesting stuff including in places I already hunted. Definitely recheck some places. Get use to settings 2 and you will not miss much. There is a learning curve that I have not mastered yet. Really like the 800. 600 is a fine detector too since technology really is no different.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, I like my 800 just fine but don't have a lot of time in on it and I have not yet used it to beach or water hunt. The learning curve was not so hard for me since I have used a Minelab Safari for some years now. By the way, if you ever wonder why those beautiful old church grounds in Rhinebeck don't produce many old targets it is because myself and a couple friends got permission and hunted them with beep and dig BFOs back in the early 1970s. One of my friends lived in Elizaville and we did a lot of hunting in your area back when few knew what we were up to and few cared. Still must be great stuff in the ground around there on private property, the Hudson Valley has such a long old history.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks for the reply ,,I don’t think you got all of them because I’ve found old coins at the churches many times,,now because of the ticks I enjoy hunting in the ocean,it’s a drive but it’s more rewarding

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks for the reply and information on the settings I have to save up now to get one ,,years ago a relative lived in Saul Ste.Marie by the Soo locks

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the reply and good advice

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to ask any questions, people here are very helpful.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokeythecat. Thank you for the reply. I wished I could have lived in Maryland,and treasure hunt in the bays,there is so so much to be found,here in Ny fresh water lakes some are closed some only allow metal detectors after Labor Day and some of the the ocean beaches only allow town residents and others only allow the parking lot to only fill one half way,,I hope someday I will be able to be a pirate again ,,,Take care Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread