Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was actually heading to another beach at a state park, got there and the lot was full, literally no where else to park so I have the choice of waiting an hour or 2 or going to another beach, so I opted to leave.
Hit this small beach and there was a pretty good sized crowd there, very hot day. Got in the water with my AT Pro and found this solid white gold band within 5 minutes, always nice when you find something quick. I knew it was white gold as soon as I saw it and left myself in suspense for half the day, didn't confirm it with mag glass until hours later [9.2 g's btw].
Have had some nice groud finds this year but this is my first water score, felt good to see the gold in the scoop. Beach was pretty clean, found another tungsten ring, 2 quarters and 2 pulltabs thats it. Could have hunted more but water was a bit crowded for my liking so I only spent an hour or so in the drink.

One of the pics is my AT setup, I have a mesh bag for coins and trash, never trused putting rings into a mesh bag so I used a carbiner clip zip tied to the handle, nice and secure. Sorry if some of the pics are sideways, don't always remember to turn the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5446.jpg
    IMG_5446.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5445.jpg
    IMG_5445.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shes a beauty...congrats !!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I saw that crowd I would have turned around and gone home...even spend some time with the wife rather than face that crowd. Congrats on the white gold ring.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I saw that crowd I would have turned around and gone home...even spend some time with the wife rather than face that crowd. Congrats on the white gold ring.

That shot makes the crowd look sparse, was pretty crowded in the water but I managed to keep distances by weaving, though typically I like to go in straight sweeps at that beach. Went back to the towel and had a smoke, 2nd time it was too crowded for me so I called it a day after the 2nd ring.
There is a bigger beach at the same site, didn't go in the water though, I fed some seagulls and did a little sand detecting.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings,I couldn't have hunted with that many people in the water or at the beach I always get the kids wanting to use my detector or throwing junk down in my path.I did a modification on my AT Gold to stabilize the box to the shaft because if you use it in the water much the two screws going from shaft into the box are a weak point and will snap the plastic that the screws go into.Garrett put a new box on mine luckily it was still in warranty.I reinforced once I got it back If you look for it I called it AT gold and Pro mod.I don't know how to link it in so you can see it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't have many problems with kids, most were smiling and polite, seemed to be extra glad to be out and about and a little socializing in the sun.
One kid was following me around then figured out how to tell when I found something and he would dive down like an idiot and try to find it with his hand, when he came up I said hey, you need to keep your distance and he went away. Another little girl was gabbing a mile a minute and I tried the old trick of telling her I can't hear with headphones on, she kept gabbing and following me so I finally told her, you know, you shouldn't talk to strangers.
She looked at me in disbelief and asked ,,, Are you a stranger ?? Didn't feel like explaining it to her so I said please go back to your mom, and she finally did.

Have had the AT for over 5 years and no problems with box stability, I use it exclusively in the water never on land.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always try to recreate my good finds in my mind, I can remember most in detail years later.
Signal was solid, in the gold/pulltab range, and I thought hmmm, this is either a ring or a pulltab, but the signal seemed too solid for a pulltab so I had high hopes with the 1st beep. It took 3 scoops to retrieve, water fluctuated between clean and murky, was murky this time. I have white tape on the tip on my coil, which helps to see where the target should be. When its murky and I can't see the coil, I guide the scoop down the shaft until it should be in the right spot, I pull it back a little from there and scoop as deep as I can, unless it is very deep you almost can't miss using this technique, can do it blindfolded. Pulled the scoop up, shook it out and there it was, I thought "Oh yeah, he scored !" but I didn't react, just clipped it to my gear and moved on.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That carabiner clip is a great idea for rings...I'm going to "creatively acquire" it fo my next beach excursion....now I just need to find the ring like yours!

Nicely done on your finds, sir

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice ring you found. I always love the feeling you get when you get a great find. :award_star_bronze_2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread