perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I'm currently in the States (New Smyrna Beach, Florida) for a rare visit, staying at a relatives condo. I've had a chance to hunt the beaches, switching off between my Nox 800 and my CZ-21. I've noticed quite a difference between the beaches in Dubai and here. Targets here are few and far between, although less trash overall. In Dubai, I was averaging a couple of rings a day and even managed to find several gold rings. I have the distinct feeling that the competition here in Florida is both greater in number and higher in skill level and experience. :laughing7:

I was hunting the beach last night around 1am and it was great as their was no one on the beach at all but the only things I found was a few modern coins (dimes and pennies) and bits of unidentified metal (not old).

Anyway, I'm considering heading south an hour or 2 to hunt one of the treasure coast beaches. I know those beaches get hammered even more than New Smyrna but it will be fun to search a 1715 fleet beach anyway. And who knows? Perhaps I'll win the lottery and stumble upon a cob. Hope to run into a few of you veterans down there!

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck....water was clear and everybody with a permit was in last week. I know one beach hunter that found a piece of kng shi pottery a couple days ago. It's like the Sahara during the day...bring a drink on your hunt it's hot like the desert out there. I'm sure I spelled that wrong but it's the famous Chinese blue and white pottery from those wrecks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread