Cape Cod Beaches?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

My wife and I are looking to take a trip to Cape Cod in October and I of course want to do some metal detecting while surrounded by beaches! However, I see that the National Seashore is strictly forbidden. Any advice knowing which beaches you can detect around the Cape so I don't end up in hot water? I've seen stuff about getting permission, how do you go about finding who to ask?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cape has a lot of hunters on it and many that travel from New England states to hit it
they are pounding it as i write this - after Labor day - there are groups of guys that systematically hammer every beach
out there - so by Oct. finds are going to be slim in dry and wet sands - waters you might be able to get
lucky but there are a lot of guys hitting waters too (partly my fault)- if air temps are still warm and you get sunny weather
people may still go on weekends - so you may still get fresh drops on weekends or from retirees on weekdays
but beaches close up here after Labor day for the most part - parking is free by then too
against doctors orders - i may get out there next weekend - i live 2hrs away and have done very good out there in the past
but Im a water hunter and i go out farther than most and usually go for older finds rather than fresh drops
I might be able to hook up
i can give you recommendations for restaurants
here is site for tides - the bay side goes out a mile and the locals cant hit it all
https://www.usharbors.com/harbor/massachusetts-cape-cod/

this is one i use
https://tides.willyweather.com/ma.html

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no permission needed for public beaches

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small sample of hunt finds from Cape waters
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best pizza - Paradise Pizza - i love traditional meat & mushrooms - my GF loves their seafood one - Joey is the owner
Lunch - try the Dog house in Dennisport- try their clam fitters- my gal loves their fish tacos
Best restaurant ...diner - Yarmouth house - never had a bad meal there...if its just you or you and wife/Gf - sit at the bar
Best breakfast - you must go there - Keltic Kitchen...West Yarmouth - go early cause its very popular - they got awesome specials
and stuff you wont see on any other breakfast menu

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Sheep Bah & Grill - real good menu
Mattakeese Wharf seafood
if you take a ride towards canal
Fishermans View Seafood market & restaurant - awesome food -my gal bought a 20+ lb lobster to go
one good chain they have here and there on Cape
Seafood Sams- (there's one in Yarmouth) awesome take out - get some fried lobster if they have it
lg butterflied shrimp are awesome too
One of my favs on 6A is Amari's- really cozy and food is excellent

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Casper! Thanks a ton. What a valuable bunch of resources. I've never done any ocean hunting, so just the opportunity will be fun. I'm a freshwater lake guy. Really we're just looking forward to experiencing the seaside life, but I'd like to get a few hunts in while there. Thank you for all the restaurant ideas. I hope to be sick of seafood by the time we go home!

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
No wonder I have not found much over the years on Cape Cod. Casper-2 has cleaned the beaches ! Have lived here for 45 years and been detecting for about 20. You are right that the National Seashore beaches are taboo. Too bad because I am sure they would be a treasure trove. When I first moved here I did not know the National Seashore beaches were off limits and I walked on to one with an old Radio Shack second hand detector under my arm and a Ranger nearly tackled me!
Other than the National Seashore all public beaches are legal as far as I know, and there are many. Just be polite, fill you holes, and good luck! Also Caspers restaurant recommendations are right on.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sample - I try showing hunts where I got 2 or more good rings - got a lot of hunts out there where I only got 1
Those are all from water - and high percentage of them are "old" gold or older gold - lot of those were found over a foot deep
some close to 2 ft deep - I hunt in all metal with sensitivity cranked and go for whispers
I wish i had gone out there earlier - I know so many veteran hunters out there - I figured they had it cleaned out
I go way out at beaches there where they used to swim 50+ yrs ago - I also hit the old wharf/pier spots from the mid 1800s
I will take a fresh drop if its given to me but dont go hunting for them - too much competition- i may be down her on Monday -tues
most likely just for the food if the beaches are closed

No wonder I have not found much over the years on Cape Cod. Casper-2 has cleaned the beaches ! Have lived here for 45 years and been detecting for about 20. You are right that the National Seashore beaches are taboo. Too bad because I am sure they would be a treasure trove. When I first moved here I did not know the National Seashore beaches were off limits and I walked on to one with an old Radio Shack second hand detector under my arm and a Ranger nearly tackled me!
Other than the National Seashore all public beaches are legal as far as I know, and there are many. Just be polite, fill you holes, and good luck! Also Caspers restaurant recommendations are right on.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9z...D_Gglsg/videos

please subscribe to my page
you'll see other stuff from Cape in my vids
i'm thinking of making an album here with just Cape finds - ive lost a lot of pics from crashed computers from the past
from early 2000's

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After Casper cleans out the gold he cleans out the restaurants too! grin

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used