Water Hunting Treasure Coast
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlie W
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By Flipperfla
  • 1 Post By FloridaSon

Thread: Water Hunting Treasure Coast

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Charlie W

Aug 2020
    Vero Beach, FL
    Tarsacci MDT 8000 Minelab Explorer SE
    2 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Water Hunting Treasure Coast

What are the northern and southern limits of the Treasure Coast where water hunting is prohibited? I've read this in a thread pertaining to leases "a mile N of the Sebastian Inlet (Chuck's Steak House) to roughly a mile S. of the Ft. Pierce Inlet". Is it ok to water hunt north or south of this area? I'd like to hunt in water up to my waist.

Is it permissible to hunt on the wet sand where the surf barely rolls in and out across your feet in the prohibited area? Is that also considered water hunting?

I'm just now getting back to hunting after 15 years. Thank you.

Charlie
    CASPER-2 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33169 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie W View Post
    What are the northern and southern limits of the Treasure Coast where water hunting is prohibited? I've read this in a thread pertaining to leases "a mile N of the Sebastian Inlet (Chuck's Steak House) to roughly a mile S. of the Ft. Pierce Inlet". Is it ok to water hunt north or south of this area? I'd like to hunt in water up to my waist.

Is it permissible to hunt on the wet sand where the surf barely rolls in and out across your feet in the prohibited area? Is that also considered water hunting?

Charlie
    Hello Charlie, welcome to TreasureNet.

If you look at top of forum that you posted this thread in you will see thread with coordinates. 1715 Treasure Fleet GPS Cordinates

Basically stay out of water north of Jensen Beach to about Micco, Fl.

Your coil is not allowed to touch the water in the lease area. FYI, lease owners have deals with home owners to report people they see using detectors in water in lease area. If caught you can lose a lot if they want to make an example of you, they can legally confiscate your detector and even vehicle if they think you are knowingly try to steal from lease area. It's not worth the chance. Treasure beaches are constantly being resanded and we are talking 15-20 feet.

North and south of the lease area it is legal to hunt in the water, just be careful if hunting at night. Keep eye out for sharks, both in the water and on the land, you can be mugged if not armed.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Aug 16, 2020 at 10:43 AM.
    OBN and Charlie W like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17330 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    if you go thru past posts here - you will find posts that answered this question
    more than a few times
    dry and wet sand are fine up and down - dont get caught even ankle deep in lease areas
    Charlie W likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    John

Dec 2018
    Fl.
    Garrett
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie W View Post

Charlie
    In the restricted areas you can detect from the dune to the waterline. They are very strict with spotters on the beach, planes and now cameras! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99AC31FB-919F-4EFB-9AE6-D426E70C7531.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	1856709 This one is down near you.
    Charlie W likes this.

us
    Dig everything!

Sep 2018
    Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de Las Nieves
    Garrett, Equinox 800
    213 times
    Welcome back! Glad you are getting into it again. This will give an idea of how close the salvage boats work...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62915inclose.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	1856785
    Last edited by FloridaSon; Aug 16, 2020 at 05:40 PM.
    Charlie W likes this.
    "There is something in a treasure that fastens upon a man's mind. He will pray and blaspheme and still persevere, and will curse the day he ever heard of it, and will let his last hour come upon him unawares, still believing that he missed it only by a foot..." Joseph Conrad

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    438 times
    Can someone post the actual law that prohibits detecting in the water where there is a lease? Some people say from dune to waterline, others say from dune to mean low water line. Need to clarify.

Thx
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sphillips View Post
    Can someone post the actual law that prohibits detecting in the water where there is a lease? Some people say from dune to waterline, others say from dune to mean low water line. Need to clarify.

Thx
    I know someone out there knows the answer to this!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    438 times
    There is no state regulation on beach detecting from the dune to the waterline in lease areas, low or high tide, just good honest common sense respect for lease holders.

Sponsored Links