Charlie W

Aug 13, 2020
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What are the northern and southern limits of the Treasure Coast where water hunting is prohibited? I've read this in a thread pertaining to leases "a mile N of the Sebastian Inlet (Chuck's Steak House) to roughly a mile S. of the Ft. Pierce Inlet". Is it ok to water hunt north or south of this area? I'd like to hunt in water up to my waist.

Is it permissible to hunt on the wet sand where the surf barely rolls in and out across your feet in the prohibited area? Is that also considered water hunting?

I'm just now getting back to hunting after 15 years. Thank you.

Charlie

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the northern and southern limits of the Treasure Coast where water hunting is prohibited? I've read this in a thread pertaining to leases "a mile N of the Sebastian Inlet (Chuck's Steak House) to roughly a mile S. of the Ft. Pierce Inlet". Is it ok to water hunt north or south of this area? I'd like to hunt in water up to my waist.

Is it permissible to hunt on the wet sand where the surf barely rolls in and out across your feet in the prohibited area? Is that also considered water hunting?

Charlie

Hello Charlie, welcome to TreasureNet.

If you look at top of forum that you posted this thread in you will see thread with coordinates. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/399418-1715-treasure-fleet-gps-cordinates.html

Basically stay out of water north of Jensen Beach to about Micco, Fl.

Your coil is not allowed to touch the water in the lease area. FYI, lease owners have deals with home owners to report people they see using detectors in water in lease area. If caught you can lose a lot if they want to make an example of you, they can legally confiscate your detector and even vehicle if they think you are knowingly try to steal from lease area. It's not worth the chance. Treasure beaches are constantly being resanded and we are talking 15-20 feet.

North and south of the lease area it is legal to hunt in the water, just be careful if hunting at night. Keep eye out for sharks, both in the water and on the land, you can be mugged if not armed.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you go thru past posts here - you will find posts that answered this question
more than a few times
dry and wet sand are fine up and down - dont get caught even ankle deep in lease areas

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie
In the restricted areas you can detect from the dune to the waterline. They are very strict with spotters on the beach, planes and now cameras! 99AC31FB-919F-4EFB-9AE6-D426E70C7531.jpeg This one is down near you.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone post the actual law that prohibits detecting in the water where there is a lease? Some people say from dune to waterline, others say from dune to mean low water line. Need to clarify.

Thx

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone post the actual law that prohibits detecting in the water where there is a lease? Some people say from dune to waterline, others say from dune to mean low water line. Need to clarify.

Thx

I know someone out there knows the answer to this!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no state regulation on beach detecting from the dune to the waterline in lease areas, low or high tide, just good honest common sense respect for lease holders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions