pi strikes gold

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.

Attachments

• Gold Ring 3.JPG
    Gold Ring 3.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 462
  • Gold Ring Joker 1.JPG
    Gold Ring Joker 1.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 480
  • Gold Ring Joker 2.JPG
    Gold Ring Joker 2.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 461
  • Gold Ring 3.JPG
    Gold Ring 3.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
8 inches is pretty deep, has there been recent sand replenishment of the beach? At my favorite San Diego beach, I'm able to track the amount of sand on or off the beach with two prominent rocks. Still waiting for a good erosion event. Though I wonder if that will really do the trick this late in the season. - ziphius

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Highwater, Another hour and it might have been too deep!

OP
OP
Highwater

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
ziphius said:
8 inches is pretty deep, has there been recent sand replenishment of the beach? At my favorite San Diego beach, I'm able to track the amount of sand on or off the beach with two prominent rocks. Still waiting for a good erosion event. Though I wonder if that will really do the trick this late in the season. - ziphius
From what I have learned since moving here a month ago most of the beaches along here have been replentished. Further down the coast I have been able to see the difference in the sand color and texture. I am not sure about the beach I hunted today. I have been going to various beaches to hunt and try to figure out the patterns. I did find a nice trough forming the other day and hit a coin line and have been able to find a few bobbles here and there, but this is the best so far for the limited time I have been able to hunt. The area I am in isn't a tourist area, but I am sure the locals are always willing to "donate' to our cause by wearing their jewelry to the beach. When I first saw this ring it was laying flat with just a hint of a gold rim showing. At the time I thought it might be a metal ring off a bottle neck, but when I reached down and grabbed it I instantly went to a big grin. "Anything, anyplace, anytime, when you least expect it".

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley NICE EXCELLENT FIND...you have now been florida-tized big time...look out you will be on a roll now Highwater BIG TIME... Congrats

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see someone is finding something. Great find and continued good luck.

Jim

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;)Nice find !!. Makes me want to get in the car hit the beach. Congrats guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread