pi strikes gold
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2007
    Shasta County, CA.
    White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.

pi strikes gold

I had some luck today while trying out my new Pro/Stock scoop. I found this very close to the loose sand in semi damp, somewhat packed sand at about 8 inches. I don't think it was on the beach very long or it would have migrated further after the NE wind last month. It is 14 K.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Ring 3.JPG 
Views:	431 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	9143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Ring Joker 1.JPG 
Views:	440 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	166093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Ring Joker 2.JPG 
Views:	431 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	166094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Ring 3.JPG 
Views:	430 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	166095  
    In every lifetime, there must be an adventure. A quest to far off lands, an encounter with danger, the chance to explore the unknown. The search for treasure is one such adventure.

us
    Jan 2006
    Houston, TX
    CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
    192 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: pi strikes gold

Very nice!

Oct 2007
    San Diego
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
    7 times

8 inches is pretty deep, has there been recent sand replenishment of the beach? At my favorite San Diego beach, I'm able to track the amount of sand on or off the beach with two prominent rocks. Still waiting for a good erosion event. Though I wonder if that will really do the trick this late in the season. - ziphius
    Jim in So. Cal.
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

Apr 2005
    In the Lake in Chicago
    Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
    171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Nice ring Highwater, Another hour and it might have been too deep!

us
    Nov 2007
    Shasta County, CA.
    White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.

Quote Originally Posted by ziphius
    8 inches is pretty deep, has there been recent sand replenishment of the beach? At my favorite San Diego beach, I'm able to track the amount of sand on or off the beach with two prominent rocks. Still waiting for a good erosion event. Though I wonder if that will really do the trick this late in the season. - ziphius
    From what I have learned since moving here a month ago most of the beaches along here have been replentished. Further down the coast I have been able to see the difference in the sand color and texture. I am not sure about the beach I hunted today. I have been going to various beaches to hunt and try to figure out the patterns. I did find a nice trough forming the other day and hit a coin line and have been able to find a few bobbles here and there, but this is the best so far for the limited time I have been able to hunt. The area I am in isn't a tourist area, but I am sure the locals are always willing to "donate' to our cause by wearing their jewelry to the beach. When I first saw this ring it was laying flat with just a hint of a gold rim showing. At the time I thought it might be a metal ring off a bottle neck, but when I reached down and grabbed it I instantly went to a big grin. "Anything, anyplace, anytime, when you least expect it".
    In every lifetime, there must be an adventure. A quest to far off lands, an encounter with danger, the chance to explore the unknown. The search for treasure is one such adventure.

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    119 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

holey moley NICE EXCELLENT FIND...you have now been florida-tized big time...look out you will be on a roll now Highwater BIG TIME... Congrats
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Sep 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    -------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite Tesoro Bandido UMax White's Blue Grey
    31 times

Good to see someone is finding something. Great find and continued good luck.

Jim
    An undisciplined hunter with a highly capable machine will miss many more targets than a disciplined hunter with a limited machine.

us
    Nov 2007
    Sarasota
    Equinox 800
    8 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Nice find !!. Makes me want to get in the car hit the beach. Congrats guzz1

Sponsored Links