Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor should be releasing me into the wild next week...but snuck out of my cage the other day
for a little while. Went to an old spot that has been hammered - havent been there since 2018
Last time i was there - i hit way out and got sinkers and musket balls. Spot has been hit by many from chest on in ...so
i usually go out to my limits - last time there while heading in...i was like in waist deep water long after low
and got a silver halve down over a foot and was surprised it had been missed...I had scooped it and headed in to
find out how friends had done and and was shocked when i saw large black disc in scoop - they were too
had i known i would have stayed in that spot and hit it slower but they were ready to leave.

This time i did my usual and headed way out with mask & snorkel - it was really quite. I got a couple of musketballs
and a few sinkers. I had planned on trying to do a water vid but viz was horrible - could barely see my hand
I was happy just to get in - this spot is not for the new guy...it rarely sees any swimmers and is popular more with
fishermen now. It was popular 100+ yrs ago and has given a handful of hunters some nice old gold and silver
over the yrs. along with a few relics, a bunch of musket balls and some CW era minies too.
I decided to call it a quick day and headed into shallows towards my GF sitting on shore remembering the last time
I made this same path. I was in a spot with some larger rocks and fought to make it thru. I got a few lures and
a few sinkers and then got a loud blast. I figured large iron others had passed or a recent can. I clicked over
to ID mode and got a high tone which is usually good on the CZ. It took three scooped down to finally get it out
and i was shocked what it was - large old brass door knocker. Others must have thought it was large junk. Hurricane
wiped out 100s of houses here in 1938 - I can only guess it came from one of those. I walked like 3 ft away and got
a faint hit and thought it might be a small lead sinker or musketball down deep. Took 2 deep scoops straight down to
retrieve and was shocked to see it was another large black crusted disc from well over a foot down. Wow another half...
but no. I flipped coin back and forth and cold not notice anything familiar on it. No Franklin...no walking lady...no Barber.
Finally i could make out head of King George on it and thought i might have a silver Canadian half, but could
not make out the back as anything looking being on a Canadian coin. I placed in my pouch and worked area slower
and was able to pull up some thin older clad. Called it a day.
Got to shore and GF asked anything good and told i had a large silver coin. Pulled it from pouch and
handed to her and she asked what is it? I was getting out of my gear and told her to rub it a little (place joke here)
I told her to turn it over and wet it a little (go ahead...make another) and asked if she could make out
half dollar or half crown - told her half dollar would be from Canada - half crown would be UK most likely. She saw half crown
and said it looked like 1947...turned out to be 1942. So I did not get skunked and got a coin i have not found before.
Hoping i can start getting out more and have more to show in the future :icon_thumleft:
Sorry for the horrible pics - used a sub par camera... my old reliable crapped the bed last month - going to
have to look for another.
DSCF0022.JPG DSCF0019.JPG

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Casper. Happy to see you getting out with the GF. Cool finds once again, congrats!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good going glad ur hittin some cool spots never know what might come up

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alright bud....your back in the water !! Congrats Casper, nice hunt !!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2. Glad to see you in action again. I’m so so amazed at your ability to hunt where most do not go and always enjoy seeing your treasures

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2. Glad to see you in action again. I’m so so amazed at your ability to hunt where most do not go and always enjoy seeing your treasures

I was surprised at how far i got out that day - i was almost in the shipping lane - i found some sand bars this year
that werent there in the past and found myself way way out at one point - thing is there was
no viz hich isnt good and i hit 4 very large iron targets and wondered if one or more could be canon balls
will have to check out one day but under better conditions - during Rev War i dont believe the balls
were that big of a calib. but they changed guns in War of 1812 and the CW ones on the wall
now are like bowling ball size - no action happened here then but they might have test fired a few :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions