Fresh Water Lake Hunting

damielke

Aug 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello every one. I am new to this forum. I have been hunting Michigan lakes for years using the Excalibur with great success. Last year I switched over to the Equinox 800. This year I have been doing quite well with it, but still learning. The one problem I have had is finding gold chains. I found a gold medallion and I know the gold chain is close by but to no avail. I have one gold chain that I use for testing in the yard but I can't even get a signal off it. Just curious to see what settings other people are using with success. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated!
So far, I am loving this detector. 4 gold rings of different sizes, 1 gold medallion and lots of silver rings.
Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If not getting any or any negative signals in park 2 or beach 1, maybe try gold 1 for that suspected chain and dig any anomalies, if that doesn't work, nothing will. Using a nox where an excal was used can be like starting over again there.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you tried all the modes with your test chain? Chains are particularly hard for any detector to pick up. The noxes have a small advantage over others, but its still not going to find them all. If its a tinsel chain, just forget it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find Gold 1, Gold 2, Field 2, and Park 2 (in that order of performance) work best on tiny gold. Run it with the horseshoe on, Iron bias low (start at FE 0) and Sensitivity at a stable setting. If you can run it in one of the Gold modes without it squawking too bad, do it. Otherwise, use Field 2.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several gold chains found with the 600. All Park 2 and came up between 1-7, same as tin foil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread