need a adhesive to repair dive boot soles to make it by a week or two

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ordered new boots but got back ordered. my old zip up 6mm neoprene boots are good but the soles crumbled off. they were an applied 3/8ths or so sole. but the reinforcement band is still good, runs around the bottom side of dive boot. my brainstorm is to use a pair of tingly overshoes to glue on. maybe shoe goo the overshoes and boot bottoms and hope for the best. zipper starts low on side so will tape over it. if i get the glue right i should be able to cut the overshoe down to the band or might cut them down first. Shoe goo or something else? Only need them a short while.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've repaired a few loose soles on shoes with rubber cement. Haven't tried it with something going to be underwater though.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had good results on shoes/boots/etc with E6000 glue. It's like shoe goo, but better, imo. Lowes, walmart, menards.

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AquaSeal will do what you want it to. It is made for in and underwater applications.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
By the time you sink 20 dollars into fixing them you could buy a cheap set goodwill sneakers that would hold up for a few months and better i am sure.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aquaseal, is THE adhesive to use. It is a neoprene glue that on clean surface, it will stay forever flexible in all temps, and will not scab-off...! Very popular to use on wetsuits, outdoor gear, my caving PVC suit, tents, etc. It will remain almost invisible. Very durable.

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just no way to get a complete bond to set up as shoe and boot are so soft. I'll just use my sandals and go to easy sand sand beaches till new boots come in. Might just paint the bottoms of boots with what ever and use them with sandals if i need to. Thanks for replies and good luck detecting!

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Ever heard of Goop? Permanent, flexable, waterproof. Fixed a pair of my water shoes with it several years ago, and they still work. I know Ace Hardware sells it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Just no way to get a complete bond to set up as shoe and boot are so soft. I'll just use my sandals and go to easy sand sand beaches till new boots come in. Might just paint the bottoms of boots with what ever and use them with sandals if i need to. Thanks for replies and good luck detecting!

I went thru the same thing with my drysuit boots. I ended up cutting the boots off and putting on some Muck Arctic Pro Boots...lasted about 3 years then the sole got loose on one and fell off..I tried it all. Aquaseal, Goop, shoegoo,...3M 5200, which I bought the slow dry by mistake..took a week to dry..I even tried HH 66 which is what they use on trampolines. I did get more time out of them but it's like repair every few months..

Ended up putting another set of Muck boots on...Happy

Side note..best drysuit repair..aquaseal and HH-66..replaced 2 zippers now..not a drop of water...2 years use...plus they are the new plastic zippers..love them..to replace seals and fix leaks..aquaseal. But nothing can repair those boots 100% unless you replace with a new Pair and aquaseal is best used for putting them on....

zipper.jpg zip 2.jpg
zip3.jpg zip4.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread