Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to hunt at a new fresh water lake yesterday. Threshold was making erratic sounds tried to adj.sensi,,no luck and had to quit.I noticed that when I turn the threshold knob on I hear a little pop two times before I hear the hum..I don’t think it used to do that before,and when I go from am to disc I think there used to be click sound and I don’t hear that either
Just had earphones replaced and knobs were found to be good ,,first fresh water hunt after procedure was fine,,the second hunt problems,,has this ever happened before and what do one think the problem at hand is,

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible ....threshold or sensitivity pot. Give Keith a call at ML repair and see what he thinks.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I will call and let you know the outcome

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
when turned on 2 pops is normal. i think.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply. You are so so lucky to have those mods,you have a super xcal,what are the aquasounds and how does your PP switch work

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your battery also. A battery with a bad cell may not give you enough power.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a multi meter on the pod as suggested.... it is possible you may not know what a bad battery can sound like.....Threshold raise. Properly charged you should get aroun 14dcv..... if its 11 under load thats about 10 NO GOOD. We see it more on the blue Xcals just because some still have the 700mah battery where as the Xcal II has a 1000. AquaSound.....a machine designed by Tindell of Nautilus for a treasure hunter here in Fl (McDonald) many years ago. Its basicly a Nautilus in a box ... but it not only GB, but it Salt balances as well. Single freq 14khz. A guy by the name of Rudy was doing them then he passed away. So there is no one doing them now that i know of..... or repairs. It really is only good here in Fl with our mild sand.....black sand really kills its depth..... but if for a single freq it was DEEP. Dang thing used to make my ears ring for hours after using it. As far as mods.... Keith also does the PPer mod.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thank you OBN. You are a master,you give sound advice,and set a example for others to follow,it appears that the interference was caused by a underground cable or tower,, after checking the cables and removing some sand from the coil the battery checked fine next hunt is ok I do not know how to close the thread. Dew and 2Peas and zigzag ,,OBN a sincere thank you to all for helping me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread