My Excalibur of 16 years has finally died

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It developed a crack in both the headphone cable and coil cable allowing moisture to get in on control BD. I also own an equinox 800 which is a good detector but I always grabbed my Excalibur when going in the water .I am thinking about buying a new Excalibur . My question is for veteran Excalibur users . Is the Excalibur still your go to detector for salt water ?

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my last one lasted a long time....the knobs fell off and it was locked at the same settings for the last 3 years. I respliced cords, glued coils,taped the shaft to fix the wobble etc. Etc. It was still getting the goods when I handed it over to a kid on the beach in NC. It had to be 10 years old then. I have a nice mint excal 2 on the boat I work on. Been using the nox 600 in shallow water but anytime im gonna be on the bottom for a long time its the excal for sure !!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
13 Years now...Still Number one in my book. Had a few others..sold them. I have been thru several PI's over the years looking for the right one and have found it in the Fisher AQ...

Dry sand I would own a Nox, but a water only hunter...

Excalibur and Impulse AQ.....My belief, If one won't get it the other will....
:skullflag:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It developed a crack in both the headphone cable and coil cable allowing moisture to get in on control BD. I also own an equinox 800 which is a good detector but I always grabbed my Excalibur when going in the water .I am thinking about buying a new Excalibur . My question is for veteran Excalibur users . Is the Excalibur still your go to detector for salt water ?

Yes.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my last one lasted a long time....the knobs fell off and it was locked at the same settings for the last 3 years. I respliced cords, glued coils,taped the shaft to fix the wobble etc. Etc. It was still getting the goods when I handed it over to a kid on the beach in NC. It had to be 10 years old then. I have a nice mint excal 2 on the boat I work on. Been using the nox 600 in shallow water but anytime im gonna be on the bottom for a long time its the excal for sure !!

#3 Excal hasn't had knobs for years :)

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I bought my first blue tube 1000 in 2008 just bought a used but upgraded Excalibur 2 , also bought a Equinox 600. But for me I prefer my new Excalibur with the pinpoint modification.Jmho. Good luck .

OP
OP
mham2

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Thx for the feedback , correction on the yrs I owned that detector 12 yrs bought it used , had an old blue before that .I will soon be 73 not sure how many more years I’ll be getting in the water but I think I’ll buy another Excalibur [emoji3]

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I have one that was made in Ireland and if ever seriously go back into saltwater detecting, I’ll take the Excal.
I love the EQX800 but only consider it water resistant where my Excal has proven itself to be truly waterproof up to this point.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water proof 200 ft(66 m) one of the best for under water and saltwater. Waterproof is a big deal

2E5311E7-0886-4739-AF58-8266BB22C744.jpeg

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Yes. My favorite with the mods is about 10 years old. It's my baby

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have the NOX and but use my Excall at the beach. Old Blue I have only had to replace the battery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread